10 photos of tropical fish

Hidr

I removed the java fern as you can see in some of the photos. I don't think it well recover but put it in a bowl by a window. See how it goes. But don't think it can ever go back into the 55 just not enough light for it.

The new angels are all doing fine. Angel rarely chases them. The three babies seem to stick together right now. A lot of the time Spot is off to himself.

Finally named the other two. Salt and Pepper.

fishnbabies031.jpg

fishnbabies030.jpg

fishnbabies026.jpg

fishnbabies025.jpg

fishnbabies021.jpg

fishnbabies020.jpg

fishnbabies017.jpg

fishnbabies013.jpg

fishnbabies012.jpg

fishnbabies010.jpg

I have five females betta's. All the color with the guppies as well as the betta's keep aggression spread out all over the place so no one fish gets picked on.

Got the vase from pet$mart.

Nice! Aren't the angels gonna get the guppies? That's at least what I kept reading when I was looking for what other fish to add to the tank. It says that either the angels will eat the guppies, or the guppies will nip on the angels' fins. I would have loved to get a bunch of pretty guppies for my own tank.

I love the bunch of female bettas. And yours are so pretty! Usually when I check the LFS, they have rather boring looking females. Like really plain. Just more or less solid gray, brown or blue-ish. But maybe it is from them being unhappy in their cups. Like I have never seen such pretty ones as yours. The ones in picture # 7 look amazing. The only really pretty ones I saw in person were Donna Noble (of course), and once at Fintastic they had snow white females, but they were like $ 30 each. :yikes

Oh, and Steven just saw your pics and kept going on about that vase ornament LOL He loves it too. :D Our Pet$mart never has anything like that.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! where did you get your angels? i have never seen such pretty fish in my LFS

Nice! Aren't the angels gonna get the guppies? That's at least what I kept reading when I was looking for what other fish to add to the tank. It says that either the angels will eat the guppies, or the guppies will nip on the angels' fins. I would have loved to get a bunch of pretty guppies for my own tank.

I love the bunch of female bettas. And yours are so pretty! Usually when I check the LFS, they have rather boring looking females. Like really plain. Just more or less solid gray, brown or blue-ish. But maybe it is from them being unhappy in their cups. Like I have never seen such pretty ones as yours. The ones in picture # 7 look amazing. The only really pretty ones I saw in person were Donna Noble (of course), and once at Fintastic they had snow white females, but they were like $ 30 each. :yikes

Oh, and Steven just saw your pics and kept going on about that vase ornament LOL He loves it too. :D Our Pet$mart never has anything like that.

Ya they can be problems. But with so much going on in my tank and all the plants so far I have not had any issues with the guppies.

I know what you mean about the betta's mine looked kind of sad when I got them. But in the better setting they blossomed into really nice fish.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! where did you get your angels? i have never seen such pretty fish in my LFS

Pet$smart. Just have to keep going till they have something you like.

That's what I was wondering. Even Donna Noble has improved so much since she is in her little tank.

And I see about the guppies! You sure have a jungle for them to hide in. I just pointed that out to Mr. Husband too, that we need to get more plants. Showed him your anacharis and told him that that is what I want to get :D

I love that vase ornament, too, and I almost got it. I collect Japanese vases and teapots with dragons, so it would have been perfect. But I think it was on clearance this summer and it's gone from Petsmart now.

I love your plants and happy fish, Hidr. LOVE them! I wish I could do that with plants. There's nothing prettier than a planted tank, imho.

I'm confused about Java fern -- should it be planted or tied to something?

Beautiful! How much light do you have on that tank?

60 watts.

I'm confused about Java fern -- should it be planted or tied to something?

It is tied to a piece of drift wood.

• Admin

Kinda.... that pic had alot of fake plants in the back of the tank. Right now all fake plants are out, its so so bare now :lol

But there is some good bunches in there, that i hope will fill the tank...