Panda corys before and after

blinky000

When I first rescued my panda corys they were in a tank with some very nippy tetras and their dorsal fins were a mess as a consequence. Sadly, one of them died a few days after I brought him home but the other two have been thriving. I've had them almost 3 weeks now. Here's some photos of them when I got them:

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

And here they are today. Much better! :)

3-3.jpg

Aw, your pandas are so cute Amy, and you did a great job helping them heal up ;)

As Fang said - great algae you've got there! So nice and green. :D

Thank you :) if you'd like to get some corys, I'd suggest a group of 6 as a minimum but add a few at a time so as not to overload the system. That's what I'm in the process of doing at the moment. I feel a trip to the lfs may be in order this weekend ;) As for the wall of algae, I created it for my little otos. And it actually makes quite a pretty background too! I always keep a little patch if I can. Monitoring your algal growth is a good indicator of the water's general health and if it's properly cycled or not. Fascinating stuff

Edited by blinky000

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a betta log and they love exploring in there. My partner (who doesn't really like my hobby all that much) actually likes the pandas so much, he's going to buy some more himself haha :laugh:

do u have a link to photos of your pet in your icon, he is a beauty :)

Ah, my little Julia? I have a few *hundred* photos of her and her sister. I'll make a new topic in the critters section with some photos in. Here's a couple to keep you going ;)

Julia:

DSCF1412-1.jpg

Celia:

295746_10150363011698720_506688719_8303182_2022654273_n.jpg