Sign in to follow this  
Moonstream

should I get a new pellet?

I'm currently using hikari goldfish gold (baby) pellet formula for my baby; its a floating pellet but I've been trying to let it soak before he eats it so it will sink. is it a good brand? or should I buy another? I was thinking about ordering some new life spectrum goldfish sinking pellets 1mm size? are they a better brand?

Hikari is a good brand, but so are Omega One and NLS. These are just some of the more readily available commercial foods. I have used all of these before, and think they are all good. Omega one is cheaper than NLS.

I would definitely go with sinking pellets, as they tend to discourage surface gulping etc.

Another option is Pro-Gold, which is available from Goldfish Connection. It's a sinking pellet. I've been feeding it for years with great results.

If you want to use up the pellets you have before switching to a sinking one, your can try soaking them and then squeezing them between your fingers before feeding to get the air out so that they will sink :)

Another option is Pro-Gold, which is available from Goldfish Connection. It's a sinking pellet. I've been feeding it for years with great results.

I agree here. Pro-Gold is a great sinking pellet.

Yup I agree, I been feeding my fish Pro gold for years. :thumb:

This is what Charlie gets and she has grown so much in a 1 1/2 :yikes

I also grind it up so that TD's Guppies can have it too, and the colors are amazing on his guppies... Trust me great food :thumb:

I haven't tried all of these brands yet, but I am very happy with Omega One. It is part of the staple diet. I switch back and forth between pellets and gel food, mixed in with fresh veggies, frozen foods, cooked egg white and very rarely fresh fruit.

I do not doubt that Pro Gold is an amazing food though. I am just saying, that so far I am very happy with the Omega One sinking pellets, considered I do not manage to use them all up within 6 months. I hate buying expensive pellets and then throwing half of the pack away. With the smallest Omega One container my LFS carries (I believe it is around 4oz), ther eis not much money wasted. I also feed those pellets to my tropicals, together with gel food etc and all that good stuff :D