Sign in to follow this  
austinado16

Oct. 5th is International feed-your-goldfish-limes day

Just kidding!

But have some fun with your Goldfish today and feed them a couple slices of organic limes. It's a hoot to watch the faces they make!

I will observe international feed your fish lime day with you :rofl :rofl :rofl

lemon is a regular part of my gold fish and koi diet

You sir, are a genlteman AND a scholar!

Mikroll: Try a lime. It's priceless!

Likewise, sir! :rofl

I'll report back in a few hours, after I've given them a slice or two.

yes i use both lime and lemon and go here to see video of what my fish do with it

yes i use both and they love it . eat all. go look at this video of how my fish play the game

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/mikroll/koi/?action=view&current=KOIBALL.mp4

Edited by mikroll

Possibly with a couple photos? Or video?

LOL. That will have to come next week. But I shall. I am actually treating my tank with Prazi at the moment, and it will be over next week. I have tons to tiny bubbles, which really annoy me lol

Going out now to buy some limes. I want to play too. :happydance This will be fun, mine love oranges, but limes will be new.

Mikroll, great video. Those are some hungry fish. :clapping:

Oh was that today? I was planning on sending out engraved announcements. ;)

I have orange trees. So naturally I tried feeding my fish oranges. They don't like them at all. I pull the uneaten slice out the next day. They taste it, of course, but spit it right back out. Now a nice, fat grub is really tasty.

I actually tried lime for the first time a few days ago because of a suggestion you had made in a previous post... they really weren't into it! They tried it and then ignored it! Guess I will have to stick to oranges.

Funny that some of them don't like lime. Mine are that way with oranges and lemons now. They will eat them, but not with the vigor that hey have for lime. Wonder if it's a single tail thing?

yes i use both lime and lemon and go here to see video of what my fish do with it

yes i use both and they love it . eat all. go look at this video of how my fish play the game

http://s29.photobuck...ent=KOIBALL.mp4

Haha...are you sure those aren't Piranhas?! :rofl

Mine have never been crazy about fruit at all. No matter if it is lime, lemon, orange, strawberry or even tiny bits of banana. Maybe it is because I have not fed it to them when they were little?

I gave mine an orange slice last week, and they were crazy about it. I wasn't nice. I spread it out, but I didn't slice it. They had to work for it, and they did -- all day. :)

I didn't feed fresh anything to these 3 until coming here and learning that people did it. By then, they were all several years old.

I actually think they enjoy working at something like this. It seems to give them something to do. Heck, they normally spend most of the day rooting through the gravel, uprooting the live and plastic plants, tearing the the leaves on live plants, and even knocking over the petrified wood. So time spent on a hunk of citrus is less time spent vandalizing the tank......I'm just sayin'!

I managed to find one organic lime at whole foods today. It is super awesome since I don't need 5.

So far, they haven't found it but they know that food is in the water.

I actually think they enjoy working at something like this. It seems to give them something to do. Heck, they normally spend most of the day rooting through the gravel, uprooting the live and plastic plants, tearing the the leaves on live plants, and even knocking over the petrified wood. So time spent on a hunk of citrus is less time spent vandalizing the tank......I'm just sayin'!

:exactly Yes, they need things to do!

I agree. An engaged fish is a healthy happy fish! :)

Austinado, the lime was a success...after a little time after they got used to it. The pucker face is hilarious :rofl

LOL!! Success! Glad they loved it.

Mine have gotten to the point where they recognize the slice if I hold it up to the outside of the tank.......then swim to the glass and just watch it intently until I put it in the water.

LOL!! Success! Glad they loved it.

Mine have gotten to the point where they recognize the slice if I hold it up to the outside of the tank.......then swim to the glass and just watch it intently until I put it in the water.

Thank you for the suggestion. Somehow I like giving them lime better than orange (shrug)

Goldfish are such stalkers :rofl

Yeah, mine actually get a piece torn enough that they can get it in their mouths, and then they jerk their heads side-to-side just like a shark, in order to tear it free. The are serious hunters.