Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Am Going To A Petstore Tomorrow

Think white fish thoughts for me please, I would like to find a nice white or albino moor, a white pearscale, or some other type of fancy white fish. Or a golden weather loach.

I won't hold my breath though, this store never seems to have nice white fish. It is the store that I got my Big Blackie at................ They have a cool parrot there, that asks me for crackers all the time :rofl Too funny.

Jessica

I am thinking LOTS of white fishy thoughts.

The day that I got my white fish, I had a choice of a white oranda or a white telescope. I chose the telescope. And I haven't seen many all white fish since.

I sincerely hope that you find what you are looking for. :hug

I guess we all know which picture of the week you voted for Jessica and I hope you find your white fish tomorrow!

Thanks Mellonell ;)

Wynkin, I would have picked the telescope too, I :wub: telescopes. Is that your white t/eyes in your avitar? Beauty!

Jude, when have you known me not to post pictures?! :D For sure, I just need to get the camera batteries charged up.

Jessica

Jessica!!!! There are four...I repeat four completely white fantails at my local petstore right now and one white ryukin! (and they're all very lovely looking might I add! ;) )Let me know if I should make a mad dash for one and ship it up north to ya!!! :happydance

But I should also caution, don't get your hopes up for pictures of a new white fish, because I doubt I will find one....but I'm going to cross my fingers.

I may have to order one from my lfs.

Jessica

Edjeff, OHHH I would have you ship them to me for sure, if shipping was not so darn much. It's like 79$ Canadian or something to have a fish shipped overnight from the US to Canada, crazy eh!

Thanks for the thought though, I appreciate it :D

Jessica

and for that matter.....they may have gotten more in since I was last in there...they get shipments all the time it seems....

wow.....that much for fish, eh? who would have thought it? :huh:

Well they had a nice big all white Common, but I don't have room for another common, well I could make room, but I didn't have anything set up, so I did't get that one. I was looking for a fancy, that will go into the tank that has other similar fish in it.

I did get a little itty bitty pearlscale though. It's tiny and a light orange, with black markings, and a white/pink spot on it's gill. It's tummy has some white too, wouldn't you just die if it turned all white....I know I would :lol

I may have gotten a few half decent pictures of it, but my camera batteries didn't fully charge for some reason and they died again, they are still charging, so hopefully I will be able to get a pic up in a few hours.

Jessica

Well congrats on your new lil' babby pearscale anyhow Jessica! ;)

Hi Jessica,

Your baby pearlscale sounds as though he/she looks like my little Popcorn :)

Popcorn was only about 3/4's of an inch when I bought him a few months ago, but the little devil has doubled in size!

Can't wait to see pics of your new baby. :D

Hi Jess--that little itty bitty fish sounds so cute--does he/she have a name yet?

And yes, my avatar photo is Pearl, my white telescope. It is a funny angle--taken sort of underneath her. She is a very sweet fish and can't see well at all. :)

I think I am going to name my new little Pearlscale, Moochie.

The batteries are charged, and I will post some pictures on the picture forum!

ps. Wynkin, I love the angle of the picture in your avitar. It's neat!

Touchofsky, speaking of size, that little calico telescope I got was about 1/2" when I got him in December, and when I compare this new little pearlscale, I am amazed, little telescope eye (Jack in the box) is like double the size of my new pearlscale.

It is crazy how fast the little ones grow. Popcorn is such a cute name.

Jessica

Guest sourmilknightmares

I saw an Albino telescope at one of our LPS recently and I was about ready to keel over! The little fish had soo much personality and I wanted to take him home soo bad! Is was absolutely tiny! An inch or less! I've seen fantails and commons that small but never a telescope! And his adorable little red eyes! :wub: -sigh- bummer that my tank isn't done cycling yet or that little baby would have come home with me in a heart beat!

AWWWWW...... we have the same taste!!! I have a 5 inch white fantail (Moby) and I have a gold weather loach (Lurch the Loach).

Jessica,

I like the name Popcorn, too, especially for a pearlscale. Feel free to use it, if you have a fish that seems to suit it :D

I am glad that the little ones grow quickly. I was a little frightened when I brought Popcorn home, because he was just so darn small!

Errrika,

BTW, I love the name Lurch the Loach.

Lurch the Loach is my favorite fish!!!!!! Is that bad that I like him more than my other fish??? He just has SO much personality. I know some people think theyr'e creepy, but I think he has the cutest little face!!!! Plus he isn't gold yet, he's PINK and loves my albino cory cats. Maybe he thinks they're related :lol: