Sign in to follow this  
Helen

Hanging Out With The Ryukins (stakos Clan)

Very nice! Elizabeth Taylor still is one of my favorites though! :D I love all white fish :heart

If, by chance, your Ryu's start disappearing slowly over time...don't look at me :P

Beautiful fish Helen! Thanks for sharing :)

Just Beautiful :) looks like fun too :) I have to agree with Fang... Elizabeth is one gorgeous fish ;) with your red and black guy running a close second ;) love them all :) thanks for sharing :)

I am so in love with your fish, especially Mr. Big and Handsome. :heart :heart :heart

What a great bunch, Helen! I'll be sad when Elizabeth Taylor goes, but I understand :D

It must be amazingly fun to sit and watch all the activity in that tank! I don't think I'd getting anything else done -- I'd be stuck in front of the goldfish all evening long.

Are they begging for food in that corner? It is too cute.

What kind of light do you have on your tank? I am jealous of the way it shows off in pictures.

Cute! I wish my goldfish would come near my hand when it's in the water...but they just sit on the other side of the tank until I go away. >.>

Very nice! Elizabeth Taylor still is one of my favorites though! :D I love all white fish :heart

thanks fang!.. i really like her too, but she needs a pond :( she was bored and mischevious in the 66gal and she's unfortunately following suit here. i was kinda hoping the extra space would sort her out, but no.. it's been about 3 weeks now in the new tank, it appears she needs more space.

Gorgeous! I love ryukins! What an awesome bunch! Makes me miss my guys..lol

i read in your sig the RIP's, i'm sorry they're gone :( i find Ryukins to be very loving and smart, i've always wanted a Ryukin tank, they interact well with other fish, but when on their own, they're something else.. they have beautiful swimming patterns, unusual turning patterns also, but they are really really smart fish, they learn well.

If, by chance, your Ryu's start disappearing slowly over time...don't look at me :P

Beautiful fish Helen! Thanks for sharing :)

:saywhat send me your address young lady! :bat: , so i know where to send the police :rofl

Just Beautiful :) looks like fun too :) I have to agree with Fang... Elizabeth is one gorgeous fish ;) with your red and black guy running a close second ;) love them all :) thanks for sharing :)

thanks shelly :)

I am so in love with your fish, especially Mr. Big and Handsome. :heart :heart :heart

hehe :wub:

What a great bunch, Helen! I'll be sad when Elizabeth Taylor goes, but I understand :D

thanks alex :)

It must be amazingly fun to sit and watch all the activity in that tank! I don't think I'd getting anything else done -- I'd be stuck in front of the goldfish all evening long.

:clapping: it's hard to do anything.. i know many times i walk into the kitchen from running down the corridor forgetting having done something, only to forget again as soon as i get there!.. lol.. funny!

Are they begging for food in that corner? It is too cute.

What kind of light do you have on your tank? I am jealous of the way it shows off in pictures.

thanks ashlee, that's not the feeding corner, infact, we don't have a feeding corner as i don't want my guys getting used to being stuck in a corner. because of our frequent interaction, they're just used to me being around. they love to play, feel comfortable and confident that arm is not about to hurt them. the lights are freestanding, my new supplier installed them, i believe they are from Asia. i do have some pics, i will PM them to you at some stage :)

i have noticed tho, as they have EXCELLENT eyesight and can see from a good distance away, when the lights are out in the room, they do hover in the direction of the tiny totts tank as their lights are on also.. sometimes, they watch the activity over there, but not for too long.

Cute! I wish my goldfish would come near my hand when it's in the water...but they just sit on the other side of the tank until I go away. >.>

spend more time with them. put smelly food in your hand, and by smelly, i mean soak the food in garlic juice and don't chase them with it, let them come to you, trust me, the moment smelly food is in the tank, they absolutely know it's there, stay motionless, they will come.. do this as many times as you need to (do not overfeed) and make sure your hand is as clean as you can get it and detergent free. my fish and i spend at least an hour a day interacting.. either for feeding or just simply "hanging" together. other than that, i have a very selfish cat whom begs for food more than they do... lol. i see him less than i see my fish during the day.

Quite awesome, Helen! What a group! Too bad there's no bug eyes but I'll save that for another day. :pp

Keep up the good work! :thumb: :thumb:

Lovely video! I enjoyed the music and your fish are so gorgeous.

ohh im the same i adore pure white fish!! they are gorgeous!

your fish hun are so adorable :thumb:

I love the ryukin tank...they have never been my favorite fish, but I always have at least one. Your new ryukins (especially the big guy) are really giving me a whole new perspective on them. I think I could really enjoy an all ryukin tank, assuming I had room for another tank. I would love a pondfull of these guys.

Quite awesome, Helen! What a group! Too bad there's no bug eyes but I'll save that for another day. :pp

Keep up the good work! :thumb: :thumb:

thanks MrD!.. nope, no bug eyes in this tank.. but planning more for the other :P

Lovely video! I enjoyed the music and your fish are so gorgeous.

thanks kaytee, i was a little nervous about the music selection first.. but i grew to like that one for this vid. (also i said something stoopid in the vid that had to go! lol)

ohh im the same i adore pure white fish!! they are gorgeous!

thanks charity :)

your fish hun are so adorable :thumb:

:D thanks koko :)

I love the ryukin tank...they have never been my favorite fish, but I always have at least one. Your new ryukins (especially the big guy) are really giving me a whole new perspective on them. I think I could really enjoy an all ryukin tank, assuming I had room for another tank. I would love a pondfull of these guys.

i find ryukins to be rather impressive at any size, they are really bright and spunky as young smaller fish also. i remember when i got Amico many years ago, she was just an amazing little shark! lol.. geoffrey tells me that he imported the giant ryukins from a phonecall then visit i made. meeting him for the first time, but didn't have my number to call me back. an employee of his spotted me shopping and told me to go visit. either size would be good for a pond, but the giants ofcourse, mostly impressive. you can find them at suppliers that import from Japan or China.. if they do import from Japan and China and don't display them, perhaps they can import them for you.