Goldfish Playing

austinado16

Thought I'd share some video of my fish playing in the stream of fresh water from my "python" during a water change.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fYuNAdlpmb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dang it, what code do I need to get the youtube screen to show up here, rather than just the url as a link? Can a mode help me?

Edited by koko

Here ya go! To make the video show up you add the link then put [ media ] and [/ media ] (without the spaces) around it.

great video- those are some cute fish. I always wished to have a common goldfish. Edited by Calluna

Thanks for the kind words and for posting it like that.

I did try the media coding like that, and it wasn't showing up, so I just posted a link. Wierd. Wonder if it's something in my settings for how I can use this forum.

I notice that once again my avatar photo isn't showing up, even after re-adding it 3 weeks ago.

Thanks guys!

They are pretty funny with some of the stuff they do. Prior to getting a spray bar, the big Comet with the white tail used to swim headlong into the outlet nozzle of the Fluval 405. It was like she was on a treadmill. She'd swim harder and harder until she got to the nozzle, and then relax and let herself get blown back, circle around and start all over again.....

Treadmill.jpg

Not only did I enjoy this video, my cat, who spends lots of time with me looking at Koko's was going crazy. I wish I had my camera.

He loves running water, so the sound really had his attention. He kept tapping at the screen and then went behind to try to find the source of water and fish.

I also love how your fish are always together while playing.

Yep, definately got some personality.

The other thing I love is their swim. They've got this great glide mode, but what's best is when they light the after-burners and start bending the space/time continuem. The big Comet will snap her tail, vanish, and reappear on the other side of the tank. Wish I had room and a floor that would hold a 100 gallon+ tank. I'd love to see these guys with more room.

• Supporter

Wish I had room and a floor that would hold a 100 gallon+ tank. I'd love to see these guys with more room.

it would so be worth it.. i got my ryu's in a 120g.. oh man, they are having the time of their lives.. using every inch of that space.. 8 max. that's it, i really enjoy watching them swimming around just being themselves. i can imagine how well single tail fish would take to that amount of space.

• Admin

In the first part of the video you see one of your fish trying to figure out how to get under the fall.... Then you see another show him, then the bigger one, then the other fish looks confused, like "how did you guys do that".... then they go to the corner of the tank. Then you see the fish one fish show him again, then he goes threw. I was laughing :tomuch:

lol....yep, welcome to my world! They are definately a family of 3. When the little Comet was recently in the hospital tank (I set it up on the corner of the kitchen table about 3' away from their tank, she moped and sat in a corner I'd made for her, starring at the main tank the entire time. She'd come out of her "room" to eat, and then go back and just sit on the bottom starring. She knows how to throw a pity party.