The New Guys

number20121

Went to my favorite Pet$mart last night and got these guys. Two more make platys for a total of four of them in the tank now, and a school of six black neon tetras (which are actually decent size, so far the angels do not see them as snack. I hope it stays that way!).

These are Goldie and Mr. Runt.

Yes, Mr. Runt. Guess which of these two! :rofl We just felt so bad for him at the LFS. He seems healthy and all, but he probably should have been culled. It was funny how he was the hardest one to catch, quick little sucker :D He already is trying to be friends with the two "old" platys as you can see in the second photo.

He is really little, and looks a bit deformed/stunted. But super cute. Nobody would have bought him and he would have spent all his little life at the LFS. :(

The third pic shows the black neon tetras. I am totally in love with how they look. If everything works out fine, I'd like to add a few more for a larger school :)

09261102.jpg

09261101.jpg

09261103.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Ahaha, I was all. FANG? NEW GUYS?! Oh, tropicals........ :rofl but, no, they're cute!! Poor Mr. Runt. I'm sure he'lll have a good life with you though. I kinda miss my mollies. :)

Edited by Rai

Ohh!!! I want a tropical tank now!! So cute. I'd love to have a school of something swimming around.

congratulations and good on you for saving Mr. Runt!

mj

Koko, I bet I would! You should show some pics of them. :D

I was trying to google for butterfly platy but with literally zero results.

I like platies because I can tell them apart from each other LOL With the cory cats and neons, no way! I mean, if I see them all together I can tell small differences in size and color pattern, but seeing only one or two each at a time makes it just about impossible.

The neons seem to be quite happy, the angels leave them pretty much alone after the initial checking out phase. The two new platies are much more shy. They snuck past the divider and are hiding behind Cid's cave.