Not Sure If I Need To Treat My Fish.

Guest Mike and Linda

Guest Mike and Linda

I was wondering if I should medicate my fish or maybe do a PP on him. He poops white string sometimes and had a weird shaking movement sometime.

Test Results for the Following:

• * Ammonia Level 0
  • * Nitrite Level 0
  • * Nitrate level 5
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) PH 8, KH 7, GH 8
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) PH 7.5, KH 6, GH 8
    Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
  • * Water temperature? 75
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15g, One fish and running 1 week.
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 AC 20's
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? 25% this is my first week

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? One about 1 1/2 inch
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Twice daily
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? one QT
  • * Any medications added to the tank? 0.3% salt and prazi pond
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. 0.3% salt and prazi pond
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? We find that in one week he is not very active, Every once in a while he poops white string not all the time, He has a weird shake of the bdoy once in a while.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? He eats slow but he does eat.

Edited by Mike and Linda

• Supporter

could it be that his poop is white from the prazi? and perhaps the unusual infrequent shaking is some prazi in the gills? is it a powder prazi you use and do you fully dissolve it or just add it to the tank? is the salt fully dissolved also?

Guest Mike and Linda

He was pooping like that before the prazi. I do shake the prazi before I add it. I use powdered prazi. I do disolve all the salt first. I know that he tilts to the side a bit.

• Supporter

i would continue with the routine for the moment, but feed peas instead to see if that will assist in changing the poop colour and shape. feed peas instead of the food you're feeding now and if no change in 3 days, let us know. it would probably be best that you fast for 12 - 24 hours before you begin to feed peas.