Please Help! Im So Upset-dropsy

xchairity_casex

Jungle Anti Parasitic is usually easy to find in pet stores. Or you can look for the simple liquid metro and make gel food with that.

If he is still active and eating not all is lost :)

Jungle Anti Parasitic is usually easy to find in pet stores.

Not anymore. Someone on here had posted about this a while ago, that these fish antibiotic-foods are not going to be available anymore unless you have a vet prescription. (Like your average pet goldfish keeper can afford finding and taking their fish to a vet for a prescription......... )

Not sure how it works with ordering metro meds from GFC though.

All the LFS in my area have been out of stock on Jungle AP for months now. I wanted to buy a bottle and keep it unopened in the freezer, but no luck.

If I remember correctly, PURE metronidazole still stays available.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

If it were me and I had some meds on hand, I'd probably try them to save the sick goldie considering dropsy is a fatal disease. But then I've never had a goldfish with dropsy, mostly cichlids.

can you get your hands on any kind of antibiotics?

She has penicillin...the only concern I have with penicillin is that as far as I know, this antibiotic is not very good against most of the bacterial infections in fish, and it doesn't much much, if any, anti-parasite activities.

Charity, how's Ed doing today?

Edited by dnalex

today he acts like nothing is wrong hes swimming around at the front of the tank when i come close trying to eat the snail along the bottom of the tank which makes me very very hopeful.

our pet store is 45 minutes away and they rarely carry fish meds other then stress coat and melefix. the second closest pet store which does carry fish meds is 2 1/2 hours away and no one will drive me their and the thing about the UP is we dont have a bus service or a taxi service that goes that far only local.

my Miricale fish has passed away by my own doing. when i went down stairs to check on him his stomch was massive he was upsidedown and stuck to the filter he stomch was a split down it and was dark dark red underneath i dont know if the infection cuased somthing to burst inside or what i thought he was dead already but he struggled a bit. i feel terrable terrable terrable but he was in obvious pain and tried thrashing i didnt have clove oil on hand but i did have ambasol liquid for tooth aches so i did what i could and with an eye dropper dropped it directly into his gills it was only a second he never struggled never gasped just looked at me :bye2::cry

i kept droping for 10 minutes to be sure he was gone and not asleep. i cried the whole time appoligizing i actually wanted to hug him to me...

thank you everyone for you tremendious help and support it really did help unfortunatly he was just to far gone