Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Updated Photos Of My Fish

Today I moved my little white ryukin, Clover, into the 75 gallon tank with my other fish. I had some reservations about doing this since she has a tendency to nip other fish, especially the weaker ones. But so far she's behaving.

Then I had to do a major sump cleaning during the water change today because the water in the sump was beginning to stagnate a bit, since there is very little surface agitation on one side of the sump. So I cleaned that up really well and put an air stone right in the sump chamber. That should take care of the problem there. :) And after all that cleaning it was the perfect opportunity to take some photos, so here ya go!

Clover

i009-1.jpg

Chiba

i014.jpg

Chiba with Alastor "Mad Eye" Moody in the background

i016.jpg

Saphira, Chiba, and Clover

i024.jpg

Saphira. She was realy yellow after being out in the pond over the summer, but since coming back inside she's lost her yellow. She's also lost a lot of black spots, especially in her tail.

i026.jpg

Babydoll, Clover, and Saphira

i028.jpg

Babydoll, Clover, Saphira, and Nixie

i029.jpg

Moody

i037.jpg

Moody again. This guy is a really strong swimmer for a butterfly telescope.

i049.jpg

Clover. Those faint orange spots used to be a lot brighter and darker, but they have faded considerably.

i038.jpg

Babydoll with Moody spazzing out in the background. :P

i066.jpg

Nixie and Babydoll

i070.jpg

Saphira's grumpy face.

i079.jpg

Chiba and Moody- the only boys.

i088.jpg

Moody

i098.jpg

Babydoll and Nixie

i112.jpg

Babydoll

i115.jpg

Saphira

i118.jpg

Chiba, Saphira, Clover, and Moody

i119.jpg

Moody, Nixie, and Chiba. Nixie is peeking out from between the two boys. :)

i124.jpg

Those three again. And again Chiba with his mouth open- what a ham!

i125.jpg

Just Moody again.

i129.jpg

Moody up close and personal. Look at those breeding tubercles!

i136.jpg

Chiba says, "What are YOU lookin' at?!"

i150.jpg

Babydoll. She is so cute with her huge eyes.

i163.jpg

Babydoll. It's hard to photograph a black fish, but I'm getting better at it!

i168.jpg

Babydoll again. She always has the cutest "I'm bored" expression on her face.

i170.jpg

Chiba with Saphira in the background.

i179.jpg

Moody and Saphira

i182.jpg

Nixie. Nixie means "water sprite".

i194.jpg

Nixie used to have a black fringe on her fins, but that must have been remnants of her baby colors because it's gone now.

i197.jpg

Nixie again. She's a little Chiba-in-training. :) She has white underneath her eyes just like him.

i210.jpg

Thanks for looking! You may have noticed some are missing, and since someone will probably ask... My poor Zena and Shiloh are no longer with us. I firmly believe there's something wrong with the way those fish were raised at the fish farm in China (especially the butterfly telescopes). I think they are fed hormones to make them grow faster than they naturally would, and I also I think they may be fed antibiotics constantly. Anyway, it's very sad. Shiloh was my favorite fish of all time and Zena was not far behind. And Toad (the brown fantail I've had for a couple of years) just died last week. That was very sad too, he was a good little fish and we had him for a pretty long time. I don't want to turn this into an obituary thread or anything, but I thought I should mention it since someone will probably ask. Oh and Blossom is not in these photos either, because she's in her own QT right now. For a few months she's been stuck on her side with some sort of swim bladder malfunction, so she has her own space where nobody will bother her. <3

they all look so good!! I just love Nixie!! and Babydoll's bored face is so cute :) Chiba was my favorite before but hes got some competition now.

WOW stunning fish and very nice photos. Thank you for sharing.

I love the peeking photo! It is too cute.

I must admit, Chiba is still my favorite :)

To start, I'm terribly sorry for all your losses Sakura; and I do hope Blossom gets better soon. I as well am dealing with SB issues with one of my favorite goldie kids, it's so sad. Sending Blossom healing thoughts and wishes though. :tou

I always love how clean and sort of "zen" your tank always looks. It really showcases the fish. I'm a big fan of Chiba, and little Babydoll certainly is growing into such a lovely Moor (and lmfao on that "I'm bored" one - absolutely priceless :rofl ).

Nixie looks darling in that photo with Babydoll - and boy, does Moody have some mad eyes! :blink:

Thanks so much for sharing ;)

Wow. They are all so pretty! Babydoll is looking gorgeous, and does everyone else, but my absolute favorite has to be Mad-Eye Moody! ;)

Great pictures! I love Mad Eye Moody, but they all are lovely. :heart

So sorry to hear about your losses :(

Fantastic photos as usual! I just adore all your fish :)

I think Chiba is my favorite of this bunch too Ashlee! I worry about him a lot.

Aw I'm sorry Kateana, it's Kana who has the swim bladder issues isn't it? I hope for the best. <3

So I know I already posted a tank photo, but I have to add a new one because I just put my anubias plants back in the tank! The fish were all excited about the plants going back in, it was too cute.

i223.jpg

I always enjoy your pics! All your fish are beauties, but I have a soft spot for Babydoll.

She sure has come along way from her scary start. (I hope I'm remembering right, she's the one that had such a long time in shipping, right?)

I always enjoy your pics! All your fish are beauties, but I have a soft spot for Babydoll.

She sure has come along way from her scary start. (I hope I'm remembering right, she's the one that had such a long time in shipping, right?)

Yes, that was her! I'm so glad she survived. I wish the other two had made it. :(

Yay, pictures!!! They're all so cute. :D

Sorry for your losses. :( Toad was one of my favorites of yours. :(

As always beautiful pictures and Thanks so much for sharing :) I adore the ones with babydoll and nixie :)

I am also sad to hear of your losses :( may they R.I.P. :(

Yeah, it's my Kana: I still don't know for sure if it's Nitrates or egg binding that's affecting her. We'll see what happens I suppose, but thanks for the return in well-wishes!

Your tank looks even better with the plants, btw. :) Do your goldies pick on them?

Edited by Kateana

Thanks everyone :)

Nope Kateana, they don't really pick at the plants. The anubias leaves are too tough for them, but they will happily demolish something like anacharis. :P They got all excited when I put the plants in (maybe because the plants smell like food to them? O_o) but they didn't eat any of them!

I love your fish hun :thumb:

Thanks for sharing! Your fish are beautiful (I admit I am partial to chiba), and your tank is always one of my favorites :) It is very clean and stark without being empty or boring at the same time :) I think that is a hard balance to create!

They are all beautiful, especially Chiba!! And you really did get some great shots of Babydoll.. most of the pictures I take of Loca just come out horribly.

I think Nixie is my favorite! She is so adorable I just want to steal her!