Add Your Tank(s) Pics Here, Please

dnalex

• 2 weeks later...

Our new tank, some silk plants on the left, centre and right; anubias barteri var. nana on the wood and microsorum pteropus "Windelev" on the rock. Looking forward to seeing them get a bit bigger and bushier! Yes that is a crab shell - it was our dinner, now it's where the fish hide. We were going to do a sand bottom but it clogged the filter and ruined the water so we went bare bottom instead. What a nightmare to clean that was!

newtank1.jpg

You can just about see our little red and white ryukin on the left there behind a leaf.

We are going to get a nice betta for our old, smaller tank, or maybe some invertebrates. Haven't decided yet!

very pretty tank :)

It looks like it is hanging off the edge of the stand on either side in the picture. If this is the case in real life you'll want to look into getting a stand that fits it properly asap. Having it hang like that can effect the structural integrity of your tank.

It is about 5cm longer on either side. It's on a shelving unit borrowed from family rather than a tank stand. I am literally out of money now. No way I can justify any more fish equipment. My child comes before any fish, any day. I'll support it with wood blocks if necessary but I'm not in a position to spend any more for a tank stand when these fish have put me almost €500 in the hole in the space of one month. Maybe that makes me a substandard fish keeper. So be it. I am broke now.

I don't think anyone is calling a substandard fish keeper. Tithra is pointing out a potentially very dangerous situation, since a cracked tank can cause a lot of problems, including electric shock.

I think something like this can be resolved by putting the tank on the floor, or get a piece of board that is at least the length of the tank to put on the stand, under the tank. :)

Putting the tank on the floor is absolutely out because I have a toddler who will just put things in it. The board is a good idea.

I know nobody called anyone anything except myself. I just wonder if I will ever be able to live up to what is expected as basic on this forum. I quite literally don't have the means or the space to give them "ideal" conditions. I was advised differently, and continue to be advised differently, by each and every fishkeeper I consulted. I have to balance everything out and make the best of it, finding a solution that works for us.

Anyway that's off topic. Back to admiring the tanks!

Edited by belueberry

Putting the tank on the floor is absolutely out because I have a toddler who will just put things in it. The board is a good idea.

I know nobody called anyone anything except myself. I just wonder if I will ever be able to live up to what is expected as basic on this forum. I quite literally don't have the means or the space to give them "ideal" conditions. I was advised differently, and continue to be advised differently, by each and every fishkeeper I consulted. I have to balance everything out and make the best of it, finding a solution that works for us.

Anyway that's off topic. Back to admiring the tanks!

I am simply concerned about the structural integrity of the tank, I hate to have you end up with a cracked/leaking tank and potentially many gallons of water on your floor (which could also lead to expensive damage). Just something I thought you should be aware of ;) I think Alex's suggestion of a board under the tank on top of the stand is a good one :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my 36 gallon bowfront. I thought I had a decent camera, but the pictures here are putting it to shame! And the glare on the tank is ridiculous.

Anyway, I just redid the tank and added black Flourite and Tahitian Moon Sand. The plants are all small, but I'm crossing my fingers that I will get some growth with a small boost in lighting. The plants include vals, crypts, Java fern, Brazilian pennywort (the fish love hanging out in this one), moss balls, swords and duckweed. In addition to the four fish in my signature, we also have (or had) 10 ghost shrimp in there and at least two pond snails. The white rock was my favorite from my rock garden. :)

Goldeen (the orange blur) is by far the largest fish -- she's doubled in size in the past 4 months. The other three are about the same size right now.

6182802796_8e333fd585_b.jpg

Old! :rofl

Here it is today:

8116178982_ca8d71d53f_b.jpg

77 gallon:

8113655095_89b736ce47_b.jpg

10 gallon:

7688532698_80110f04dc_b.jpg

6 gallon. The pennywort has gotten thicker since this picture, and it is so gorgeous in this tank. It looks like lily pads all over the top.

7790279646_f1f0e367b4_b.jpg

I love the island of rocks. Is that pennywort, or cardamine (is that what it's called??). Very nice, Charly, I can't wait for update photos. :)

If you are asking about mine, that is cardamine lyrata (: Right now my babies are going crazy with it, but luckily Tui and La who will be residing in there aren't really crazy about green (: I tried to get plants native to asia or north america (basically cold water) and I ended up with this. Pennywort, I believe, is from Brazil (: And thank you! I am quite proud of it. It's still got some stuff that needs to be done, but it is coming together nicely (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

DSCN2439.jpg

My first aquascape :3

I squealed like a schoolgirl when i saw this picture! Such tiny baby fishies! <3 totally adorable. Brat :P

Hehe, thank you! Now that I have a water changer I am going to be feeding them bloodworms. I have been giving them food 3 times a day to help grow them out :3 Kiwi looks like she is a crown pearlscale! :D And baby Sunny is turning more yellow instead of gray/green (: And I added 2 new lionheads, a sakura and an orange one, and I will be getting a 30 or 40 hopefully (:

Edited by LovelyChaos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...