Add Your Tank(s) Pics Here, Please

dnalex

So, this is my first time with goldfish. I have a 75G with 3 fancy goldfish. I've had everything running since January but just got my order of plants in. Ignore the extra goldfish in the photo, I was fish sitting while someone got their tank re-done, they're going home today.

xZMlIG9.jpg

On 6/2/2017 at 1:21 PM, AkPudge said:

So, this is my first time with goldfish. I have a 75G with 3 fancy goldfish. I've had everything running since January but just got my order of plants in. Ignore the extra goldfish in the photo, I was fish sitting while someone got their tank re-done, they're going home today.

xZMlIG9.jpg

Beautiful tank!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • Admin
5 hours ago, Lellie said:

Setting up a guppy tank 💕

27L Aqua One Xpressions Nano Tank, old from my storage.

No guppies, yet!

D2411195-F741-4FAC-A7A3-313DF5F74E88.jpeg

Nice...lots of hidding spots for the fry and mommies.

2 minutes ago, koko said:

Nice...lots of bidding spots for the fry and mommies.

Thank you :) I’ll probably have an all male tank for a bit while i get used to having guppies, as in haven’t had them before. Then possibly later on try my hand at breeding and or get another tank if my space will permit haha 

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Lellie said:

Thank you :) I’ll probably have an all male tank for a bit while i get used to having guppies, as in haven’t had them before. Then possibly later on try my hand at breeding and or get another tank if my space will permit haha 

Breeding guppies is really fun and easy to do. I can say from raising them for 15 years that they do like some salt in there tanks. If you do get into breeding I would place some floating plants at the top so that the fry can go to the top with out getting eaten. They sure are a fun fish to watch. My hubby TD raised them for 25 years, the same strain of guppies. Then I did a big mess up and killed them all :( 

• Admin
8 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

That looks great! I do quite like guppies don't have any at the moment though!

I miss ours. We might make the 40b into a tropical tank. Then just a 70 gallon pond.

On 2/6/2020 at 3:39 PM, FishyMandy said:

That looks great! I do quite like guppies don't have any at the moment though!

Thank you! Can’t wait to pick out and bring home my guppies :)

• 2 months later...
  • Admin
7 hours ago, Lucy Fantail said:

Hey guys and gals I'm new to this place and glad to be here.. Just wanted to share my tank with Y'all.. 

PSX_20200416_191628.jpg

Wow what a great looking tank :)

How many fish in there? what kind of filter are you using in  it? I  don't recognize that box looking thing on the left of the photo?! :) 

7 hours ago, koko said:

Wow what a great looking tank :)

How many fish in there? what kind of filter are you using in  it? I  don't recognize that box looking thing on the left of the photo?! :) 

Hi there and thanks, there's 5 fancy goldies.. And it's the Aquaone 850 tank (52 gallons) .. I got it about 8 weeks ago to upgrade from my Aquaone 510 (20 gallons) I realise I'm a little overstocked sorry about that.

The box thing on the left is the pump that comes with the tank, which usually pushes the water to an over head spray bar thing.. However I've converted the over head to a 2 compartment Sump so pimped the filters big style.. I've added the pictures of the old filter medium and what I've replaced them with.. PicsArt_04-02-02_28_28.thumb.jpg.7a92a06571e58a5e895eba2b595a82ed.jpg

Heres showing the comparison of the new filter media both machanical and bialogical on the left, which is replacing the Aquaone cartridges and noodles on the right.. PicsArt_04-02-02_41_29.thumb.jpg.db6a9f652a5f96d5ffbb3ce3a764f1f7.jpg

This shows what I did and how I changed the compartments to make the sump.. I do have filter wool covering the top of the Bio balls now to polish the water on its way into the tank. 

PicsArt_04-02-02_56_30.thumb.jpg.96f1759c9b959fb2a212680e88fd5289.jpg

I also stripped out the old T8 lighting and fitted a Led bar into the hood. I've added pics I hope they make sense. 

PSX_20200325_115348.thumb.jpg.ed9ad40782b3e525856cfbfc337fe214.jpg

Ewww got rid, not working anyways, only paid 70 for the tank, so good ridden T8 lighting and hello led bar.. Took 40 minuts to strip and install and cost £40PSX_20200325_115545.thumb.jpg.76948b9fc26f9c6c8f7a193eedfe9bdc.jpg

PSX_20200325_115616.thumb.jpg.1f32896f3985f044214a03ea99b76605.jpg

I've just tried to keep the whole looks of the tank because I think it looks smart, 

I did add and internal filter which is the Aquapet PF1.. You can kind of see it on the right behind the bubbles it's not too intrusive at all.  I use it as a power headed to add circulation and airation.. But as its a filter its useful to be able to add carbon or Phosguard etc without needing to mess about with the over head sump.. 

Since adding the picture above I've added some Large Vals on the right, to sway in the currents from the porwehead.. And a couple of Anubias Nana Bonsai added to the top of the sticky out branch.. You might be able to see it in the pic

PSX_20200421_044543.thumb.jpg.e69194fa74496379c688658069931953.jpg

Anyways hope that answered your questions and am glad you like my tank, I'm very proud of it.. Its been a fun project during lockdown and a big learning curve lol

• Helper
On 2/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, koko said:

Breeding guppies is really fun and easy to do. I can say from raising them for 15 years that they do like some salt in there tanks. If you do get into breeding I would place some floating plants at the top so that the fry can go to the top with out getting eaten. They sure are a fun fish to watch. My hubby TD raised them for 25 years, the same strain of guppies. Then I did a big mess up and killed them all :( 

What do you do with your excess fry?

3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

@Lucy Fantail that’s such an interesting mod!  Do you have any backup or protection from pump failures or overflow?  I love it!

@Arctic Mama Awww thanks I'm glad ya like the mod.. If the main pummwere to fail, I do have the internal interpet one that would cope, for a few days.. Until I got the Canister filter out that's sat in the shed.. But I would hope I could get a next day delivery on a pump for the tank though.. Saves any more faffining on.. But that canister is the hubbies and he would not be happy me nicking it though lol.. He brought it on a whim as it was second hand and only £30 so he went for it Although his tanks are little, and the canister would be to big to even run both these tanks lol I did the aquascaping for him lol and he always leaves the fish food out.. 

PSX_20200421_203612.thumb.jpg.89c3e40513df1f21bf70eb66ea340435.jpg

As for over flow  the top of the are actually designed for the manufactures filters to be sitting in water and has an over flow built in to either end where the water goes straight back into the tank..

Here's the end as you can see I've actually added an extra baffle for the filter wool, the water is so clean now lol

IMG_20200421_203113.thumb.jpg.d54b90c92f452795845f301fae7e6489.jpg

And here's the inlet to the sump Don't look at the filter wool, it looks black.. Oh that's because it is.. Got some new coming, 3meters x 1 meter wide 22mm thick.. That should keep me going for a while and only cost £7.. Bargin

IMG_20200421_203043.thumb.jpg.b40616b02aeee2ecc60652c46663a6b6.jpg

Its all covered I think, well I hope so or I'm gonna have a very wet floor lol

Anyways any more questions feel free to ask.. And so glad ya like the mods, it's going to be so much cheeper in filters, and increasing the Bioload 10 fold its got to be good.. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

What do you do with your excess fry?

We didn't do anything :lol The tank became well loaded with them. We just kept doing water changes :lol