My Ranchu Babies

Lionchu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!

THey are so cute! Are the pale ones all sakuras? Some are super big already.

Congrats

:goldfish:

Edited by Captain Findus Goldfish

I'm still very new to crossing with different genes but I thought I just want to play around a bit to see what I can come up with. The mother is this the bigger one in the clip below but unfortunately I didn't have a picture of the father because I borrowed him from my friend and now he is happily back in his pond. He is just an ordinary black and red metalic calico ranchu. In the beginning all the fry were black, now they are changing into white, green, matt and maybe some sakura.

http://s771.photobuc...allBlackies.mp4

Edited by lionchu

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky you are SO far away....until I realized where you were I had grabbed my net & was planning a fish napping!! I would have gotten SEVERAL of the cute babies & AT LEAST a couple of those solid Black ones in your signature pics!!!! Well, good thing you are in another country....I am save from a life of crime!! (For now)

• 2 months later...

Lucky you are SO far away....until I realized where you were I had grabbed my net & was planning a fish napping!! I would have gotten SEVERAL of the cute babies & AT LEAST a couple of those solid Black ones in your signature pics!!!! Well, good thing you are in another country....I am save from a life of crime!! (For now)

You don't have rob me, As a matter of fact, I'm running out of friends to give them away. :rofl

Here's some more babies. These are from high end Thai buffalo bloodline @ 30 days post spawn. I'll update the other babies soon.

What are you feeding them? I cant seem to get the growth rate i want to out of my orandas.

Wow. Nice job, as always :)

Thanks, not always. Second spawn I told you earlier has about 90 % with sbp (like catfish, crawling at the bottom).

They are adorable :)

Thanks, tithra 4 your kind words.

What are you feeding them? I cant seem to get the growth rate i want to out of my orandas.

I use this method.

Maintain water temp at least 68F (80F max)

First 3 days after spawn...no need to feed when just free swimming. Water level 4-6 inch max. can use small sponge filter or just an airstone.

4th day...feed micro worms and brine shrimp 24/7. and w/c 50% daily if poop is visible, also scrub all sides of glass/container (no build up of slime/algae)

After 7 days can start with live daphnia 24/7(stop micro worms if you like)

3 weeks onwards, introduce chop FBW and baby pellets (no dried food any earlier otherwise they may get sbp or stunted growth)

Then feed nonstop by the hour (increase w/c too)...target is to get rounded bodies and 1 inch in length (most of them) by 30 days post spawn.

I hope that helps.(I'll show you my baby oranda later, can't get a good vid earlier due to the GW they are in and glare from the sunlight)

Cheers.