Craigslist Fish

hotnickles96

I was searching craigslist and stumbled upon this goldfish. It says oranda but it has more of a bubble on it head rather than a wen.

I emailed about her, and when my tank is done cycling the lady said I could get her for $10.00.

Any thoughts on what she is.

3k33ma3l95Z65U25R0b978310150b95671c0a.jpg

wow, that is one round oranda! You could certainly give it a try and give her a good home! Might be good to keep her as an only fish (at least for awhile) just in case there is something going on beyond just diet :) She is very cute.

Just a quick thought... you could potentially ask this person for some filter media to seed your tank with if you decided to get the fish. I'm not sure if I would do this myself or not, but it's something to consider. You would need to find out if there has been any illness etc. in the tank, and even if they said no, you would need to make a judgment on whether you believe this or not (also you would need to figure out if they even have an established cycle, if they are using cartridges and throwing them away every month, they probably don't). So, it could be a bad idea, but if you went to check out the fish and the tank seemed well cared for and you judged the people to be knowledgeable/trustworthy, it could be a good way to get a pretty much instant cycle.

Probably worth waiting, but on the off chance you think it is a healthy tank... :)

Thanks everyone for your input. I will see if I can get some "clearer" pics of her.

Meanwhile I'll be preparing to stabilize my PH since it crashed down to 6.0 , I am thankful for not rushing and getting a GF right away!. Off to search the forum. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's an Oranda that is a few years old and a little fat. Pearlscales have different scales on their belly that look like balls/pearls.

• 2 weeks later...