Tell Me About Cherry Shrimp

kortniee

An interesting discussion about foodstuffs. This is something I will have to research more.

Kortniee, that sand looks great. :)

Thanks! I worked hard on it. (To be fair, I really did. I went to the Petco with the awesome bettas and it was also during the dollar/gallon sale and that's all I bought!)

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, many of my fruit salad shrimp died. I got more cherries, but I'm not sure what's going on in my tank now. I only see one occasionally, but my tank is heavily planted. I'm not sure if they are hiding or if they were betta dinner.

I still have not gotten my shrimp, but I plan to this upcoming weekend! I am sure there will be loads of pics if you're into that sort of thing.

Shawn, that's sad you don't see your shrimp anymore. I tried to set my tank up to be interesting but not horribly conducive to disappearing. Time will tell if it works, though...

Oh yay pictures! Awesome! I am excited on your behalf! Did you do the fishless cycle and everything already? I heard you have to with shrimp which makes me sort of wary... but it is probably totally worth it :D good luck!

So sorry about your fruit salad shrimp. I hope they're just hiding!

I am going to steal some filter media from my goldfish tank for a more or less instant cycle. I find this works much better for me than trying to do a fishless cycle from scratch, not the least reason for which is the fact that I can never find ammonia without anything else in it.