Sign in to follow this  
Edgar

Diy 3d Aquarium Background

I made a 3d aquarium background :D . I can't wait to add fish in this tank :). Here are some pics of it

100_3440.jpg

100_3439.jpg

Wow. Can you share how you made it?

Cool! Yes, please explain!

Very nice!

very nice looking.. congratulations on the impressive result..

p.s.. moving this to the DIY section :)

Thanks all :). The background was simple to make, I just followed the instructions on this

Just remember to fill, soak, test, and drain. Over and over again, until the pH stays below 8 and does not fluctuate for a week. Sometimes this takes months. There is a nice article in the Sept 2011 TFH. Live Rock, Base Rock, and Fake Rock.

Really beautiful! You did a great job!

Just remember to fill, soak, test, and drain. Over and over again, until the pH stays below 8 and does not fluctuate for a week. Sometimes this takes months. There is a nice article in the Sept 2011 TFH. Live Rock, Base Rock, and Fake Rock.

Yea that's what i'm doing at the moment.

I wish the process would be faster lol.

Here is another link on making DIY 3d bacgrounds for those of you who are interested.

I am def interested in this but can it be done for an established tank? I would just have it stand on its own or connect with suctions. The PH is increased by the cement? So would this be inadvisable if your tank already has a ph of 8?

Sweet idea. I was trying to think of a way to suspend some wood at the top of my tank so that I could put anubias up high and make the roots look like vines. I bet you could silicone the wood to the foam and then do "rocks around it. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

You did an excellent job on that. I'd read up about making them, but decided to buy a premade one on ebay instead.