Please Tell Me These Are Not Mondo Grass...

jingyu

Also for the two grass thing, are they white and green acorus?

Can they all still grow in the water????

I got this from petsmart... and just realized that mondos dont..

I tried putting on images, but dont know how...

it's not on website, it's on my own computer.

Edited by jingyu

Sorry, the dark one does look like mondo grass and the stiff light colored one is an acorus. Neither's going to last more than a month or two submerged like that. If you want some grassy plants, a lot of petsmarts do have vallisneria which grows great submerged.

Interestingly I had mondo grass in my tank before and it did well for almost a year. Then it started dying. It might do well though if you can somehow stick it in your filter box, with only the roots submerged.

So just the roos in the water eh? does it have to be in the gravel? or just need water is ok?

Sorry, the dark one does look like mondo grass and the stiff light colored one is an acorus. Neither's going to last more than a month or two submerged like that. If you want some grassy plants, a lot of petsmarts do have vallisneria which grows great submerged.

So can the acorus one grow with the tip above the surface?

why does petmart lies.. they say it can all grow completely under the water...

Both need to just have their roots in the water, but they'll be fine with no gravel or dirt. Bare roots in water would work very well.

Why do they lie.........hmmm.... who knows? Because the employees don't know any better and this is what they were just told? Because they do know, but the most important thing for them is make sales?

If you choose to shop at the chain stores, you need to go in armed with your own knowledge so you don't have to rely on the intentional or innocently oblivious advice you get. Best bet for your fish and plants needs is to find a good lfs.

The last time I was in petsmart I brought my phone and googled every single plant they had. 1/2 of the ones sold in the tubes are fine. 3/4 of the ones sold out of the tanks were not true aquatic :(

Petco has a "true aquatic package" where 2/3 of the plants are actually aquatic plants.

The last time I was in petsmart I brought my phone and googled every single plant they had. 1/2 of the ones sold in the tubes are fine. 3/4 of the ones sold out of the tanks were not true aquatic :(

Petco has a "true aquatic package" where 2/3 of the plants are actually aquatic plants.

This is very smart..... it is also very unfortunate and shows why we have to be aware.

Both need to just have their roots in the water, but they'll be fine with no gravel or dirt. Bare roots in water would work very well.

Why do they lie.........hmmm.... who knows? Because the employees don't know any better and this is what they were just told? Because they do know, but the most important thing for them is make sales?

If you choose to shop at the chain stores, you need to go in armed with your own knowledge so you don't have to rely on the intentional or innocently oblivious advice you get. Best bet for your fish and plants needs is to find a good lfs.

so ur saying i can just have them float on the water and they would continue to grow :o