Help!

Guest Figgyweezy

Guest Figgyweezy

Hi guys,I recently noticed in my pond some eggs,I don't know when spawning happend but I took out a few and put in a tank, three days later(today) three eggs hatched and I dunno what I should have or not have in the tank,do I need to put filter now or wait?and also I seen 5 small fry today floating around in the pond,dunno if they are dead or alive and I dunno how many are in there,not sure if they are hiding around in the pond,I'm worried about what the ones in the pond will eat...

A pond is the perfect environment for fry :). They don't need any special care in there. The strongest only will survive the chase but food will never ever be an issue. Goldfish fry eat spirulina and plankton and tiny specks of algae, the human eye can hardly see. It is plentiful in ponds and the very best nutrition for fry.

I would consider returning the fry you tanked to the pond. If you do want to follow their progress however you will need a sponge filter and be able to feed the fry 3 to 5 times a day at intervals, syringing up waste immediately after feeds.

You can check out the links in my signature below for what you need to do, as well as the posts and threads here in this forum of other members who raised fry in tanks. It's so much fun if you have time and patience!

And welcometo.jpg

Guest Figgyweezy

Thanks guys,I'm glad to be here,love goldfish,been doing it for years but this is the first time I have ever had a situation where my fish actually lay eggs : o so it looks like I should have left the eggs in the pond then,since I got a few out already and they have just hatched I guess i'll just do the tank with them,I still have the parents in the pond though,I hope they don't eat the rest the ones in the pond,I reckon there are 20 to 100 in there,do you think the ones I put in the tAnk will die?I'm at work now and I get back in 4hrs they hatched 8hrs ago tank is 50x60x40 cm