Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishJoe

Hes As Big As A Cat!

my current supplier/importer has oranda's that big. they do swim, and well. this particular fish is on display and is most likely very insecure and possibly frightened. i have been tempted to buy a few, but since the continuous floaty problems with long bodied sir loyn, i have decided against oranda's all together.. the ones he has appear to be fine, nice large long bodies, flowy fins with beautiful wens just like the one shown here... perhaps if he can convince me in the future i will reconsider.

my current supplier/importer has oranda's that big. they do swim, and well. this particular fish is on display and is most likely very insecure and possibly frightened. i have been tempted to buy a few, but since the continuous floaty problems with long bodied sir loyn, i have decided against oranda's all together.. the ones he has appear to be fine, nice large long bodies, flowy fins with beautiful wens just like the one shown here... perhaps if he can convince me in the future i will reconsider.

Helen, at least among my crew anyway, the only one who has issues with floatiness is Ulquiorra (1 of 8 orandas). The rest are fine. Ulquiorra's issues are fixed with (of all things) NLS pellets. So, I think you should definitely consider them for your tanks. Also, given that you make special food for your fishies and given your experience with helping Sir Loyn, I don't think you'll have much problems.

Also, I agree that big fish should still be able to still swim and be active :)

Can you imagine the size of the poop that must come out of that guy!? He definitely does not look impressed at the guy touching his tank.

LOL :rofl