Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishJoe

Hes As Big As A Cat!

HES HUGE!

I have never before seen such a huge Oranda, ever.

He is bigger than a freakin' Chihuahua, probably as big as a common kitty cat too...

Can I bring that fish to work with me? We had one about half that size and people were saying "OMG that oranda is ENORMOUS!" and I'm just standing there going "Haha, they get sooo much bigger than that...."

And yet people still want to stuff 3-4 of 'em in 1 gallon tanks...I don't get people sometimes.

His wen is super cool!

Wow he's huge!

A pet shop over the road from me had two orandas for sale for a while, they were huge, they must have been nearly 12 inches!

I got a quick video of them, but for some reason they look smaller in the video (probably cos they were quite high up so the angle makes them look smaller)

They were 80 euro each or 120 for the pair, I really should have bought them as they were sold separately in the end :(

I wouldn't mind but while I was there, a man came in with his son looking to buy some goldfish (bowl under his arm) and bought 3 orandas! Surely he could look up and make the connection that these 5 fish he just bought could grow to the size of the two right beside him, but no....

Unfortunately, that oranda is so big that I don't think he can swim well, if at all. Those round bodies and chunky wens and long fins just weigh a fish down too much at that size. :(

Which of course opens the "is it right to breed mutations deliberately" can of worms, which I don't want to get into here. Instead, I'll just say: DANG. That is a big fish.

thats some size of a fish

He is huge! He does look kinda sad...

Unfortunately, that oranda is so big that I don't think he can swim well, if at all. Those round bodies and chunky wens and long fins just weigh a fish down too much at that size. :(

Which of course opens the "is it right to breed mutations deliberately" can of worms, which I don't want to get into here. Instead, I'll just say: DANG. That is a big fish.

I concur. It's kind of like those half ton people you see on tv that have gotten so overweight and huge they can't walk or get out of their bed.......

I think he just looks sad because of the stress from the show and people putting their hands on his tank. I have seen such sized fish and they were perfectly happy.

Hooooly wow. There is a big ranchu on youtube named Tinko, but I think this guy might be bigger.

:rofl :rofl :rofl Tinko is BeancurdTurtle's fish! He is a member here :)

That's funny! As I was posting this I was like, "Wouldn't it be great if that dude was on here??" I'm a big Tinko fan :heart

awesome He must have had good care to get that big. I would rather see this than what i see at the fair, in a little glass cup getting ping pong balls thrown at them etc...It looks like he has had a long fishie life. Someday i wont be moving very fast either (at least i hope to live long)

I want him! I'd love him, and pet him, and call him George!

Can you imagine the size of the poop that must come out of that guy!? He definitely does not look impressed at the guy touching his tank.

He IS rather big! Do you guys remember Bruce the oranda? I think Bruce was twice this one's size!!!

He does look opionated about that guy's had on his tank. He is huge!

He IS rather big! Do you guys remember Bruce the oranda? I think Bruce was twice this one's size!!!

Absolutely!

He does look opionated about that guy's had on his tank. He is huge!

One thing we gotta keep in mind though, this is most likely a considerably petite asian guy. Petite compared to western folks. I bet $ 100 that his hand is much smaller than mine, making the fish look even bigger. :rolleyes:

One thing we gotta keep in mind though, this is most likely a considerably petite asian guy. Petite compared to western folks. I bet $ 100 that his hand is much smaller than mine, making the fish look even bigger. :rolleyes:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Fang, you kill me :lol2

:rofl :rofl :rofl I was thinking the same thing as Fang! 'Oh what girly hands' :rofl :rofl :rofl

That is such a good point. I have unusually small hands (even some preteens hands are bigger than mine), so I could do that trick and make my fish look huge!

I concur. It's kind of like those half ton people you see on tv that have gotten so overweight and huge they can't walk or get out of their bed.......

i dunno i think thats a little differant i mean severly obese people are un-healthy whereas that fish HAS to be in great shape gets the best foods,lots of swimming space VERY clean water the best of the best. i bet that fish has a GREAT life! youd also have to figure that with the healthy living conditions and the good foods that his body is very well equipped at hualing all the weight around