Suspected Parasites, Prazi Question

justnoskill

Okay well long story short, my little cousin bought me some fish and dumped them into my tank before I got home from work, I'm assuming along with the bag water. There were 4, 2 have died and they were sickly (also feeders....so they more than likely have nasties)

the other feeder was removed to another tank, but I left the fancy in the main tank because the comet?common? I don't know, it was chasing everyone.

I've started treating with salt, so far at only 0.1% because I have to order the prazipro

first question: can I up the salt to .3%?

My fish have parasites now....weird poops (like a clear casing with some poop in it....not the white stringy poop), they are flicking their fins, and rubbing on the gravel/plants, and are generally not themselves (super friendly, active, etc)

Second question: My tank is 95 Gallons, will the bigger bottle of prazipro be enough?

and how many rounds should I do? It says it works after one round, but can be repeated?

I'm really hoping they have fast shipping...I can't believe this :wall:madrant

thanks

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? 0

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? 10

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 7.6

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?7.4

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?api freshwater master kit

[*]Water temperature? 70F

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 95, like a week

[*]What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 aquaclear 50's, fluval 404

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 50% once a week

[*]how many days ago was the last water change and how much? 3 (thursday), probably about 25%, just because it's a new set up

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?12, from 2 inches to 4.5 in.

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? new life spectrum sinking pellets, small meals twice a day

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?yes

[*]Any medications added to the tank? api aquarium salt to .1%

[*]List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. just prime and now salt

Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? nothing external is going on

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? weird poops, rubbing against plants/gravel, flicking fins, kinda lethargic