Sign in to follow this  
Captain Findus Goldfish

The Newbies Have Arrived.

My friend in Holland received the new goldie shipment last week and I went to visit them yesterday. I fell in love with a couple :D They are now in the destressing tank and then they will be Qtd before I go to look at them again and do my final picking.

DSCN5539.jpg

This gal to the left is one of my first loves!

DSCN5516.jpg

DSCN5517.jpg

Her again on the right

DSCN5518.jpg

My boyfriend loves this one.

DSCN5519.jpg

DSCN5520.jpg

DSCN5540.jpg

THis one is also fabulous - bad pics tho!

DSCN5522.jpg

DSCN5523.jpg

DSCN5524.jpg

Hope you enjoyed :)

WOW frederica! they're all beautiful!! those fatso ryukins need a home ASAP!!

Edited by stakos
spelling error

Awesome, Fede! I also love that Jade seal :D

thanx guys!

Alex - Jade Seal??? :rofl :rofl :rofl

I also like some of the darker, more funky colorings of the grey guys. One has a tancho right on the head which is adorable - but I think they won't stand out well in my dark background tank :(

I also ADORE the little short tail white with red ryukin in the last pic. But I am afraid with the short tails as they seem to find it harder to adapt to higher water levels. I will have to see how she is doing after QT. She would be a cute GF for McQueen!

Lol. Yup, Federica, the oranda with that light wen is called a Jade Seal. Nice ones, like that one, are hard to find :)

How can you choose?!?!?! I love them all!

You should definitely get the one the bf likes, drag him deep into the goldfish world as fast as you can.

And if it makes you feel better. My cartman is a short tail ryukin and gets a long just fine in my tank. He is actually one of the strongest ones.

You should definitely get the one the bf likes, drag him deep into the goldfish world as fast as you can.

:rofl :rofl :rofl True! He also helped pick McQueen!

And if it makes you feel better. My cartman is a short tail ryukin and gets a long just fine in my tank. He is actually one of the strongest ones.

My McQueen and Astaire are super sensitive to changes in water level. McQUeen should be okay in the 200Gal eventually. But I don't think Astaire will ever be fine in deep water. :( On the other hand the long tails have no issue what so ever in deep water or shallow or fast changes etc.

I love them. I really like the big orange and black almost tiger striped short tail. You are really making me see ryukins in a different light. I've always had one, but they have never been my favorites, but I am really starting to like them.

I like him too Amy! But I am not crazy about his body shape - I prefer the more curved ones - less exaggerated back/head bump etc. But he has very funky coloring :)

I LOVE ryukins! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I choose first by character. I will go for curious and clown like personalities. Then I look at body shape - like I said - I like the more natural looking bodies. I LOVE big tails. I tend not to look at ryukins with 'simple tails'. I either like the big butterfly like tails - or the very short ones. And color wise I like to match it to my other fish in a way that he both stands out but fits in too. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl THis sort of narrows it down! I am very specific just because I have limited space so I want each fish I pic to be perfect in my eyes

Oh and obviously health checks especially swim bladder etc.

They are all gorgeous!! but I, like Amy ...like the tiger striped looking one :)

oh mi gosh!! they're all so beautiful! but my favorite out of all of them is the red and white one in the middle/bottom next to the "grass" looking thing in the last picture and probably the tiger striped one :)

Oh gosh the tiger striped guy, I think I'm in love :heart :heart :heart

And the black one in the 3rd photo, oh my! His little face!

My favorite is that last picture. The guy in the bottom right hand corner. The calico. An oranda I think.

Hard to find a jade seal with the white so perfectly centered on top of the wen. That's a beauty!

I absolutely love the ones you're leaning toward, although I also adore the big fatty to the left in the 4th pic, the white one with just a little red. She's in a few of the photos, and I think she's gorgeous!!!

I do not think you will have any problem with picking... just tank ALL of them.

Great looking fish.

I do not think you will have any problem with picking... just tank ALL of them.

Great looking fish.

Mikroll's got the right idea! :rofl