Sign in to follow this  
Carolinedoodle

Metromeds/medigold

Does anyone in the UK have any or can anyone get some?

Fishsempai.com seems to have died and I think that was the only website that imported them to here.

i believe the only way you can get them now in the UK is to order them online.. devilduck and UK becs, i think as well as chrissy bee all indicated online ordering of these meds was the way to go.

MetroMeds and MediGold are from Goldfish Connection. There is no way to get them outside the US as they only ship in the US. I usually get them sent when I travel there or have friends travel there.

Buying on the internet isn't a problem. The issue arises that these treatments are ilegal in UK. As the medicine they contain is a veterinary prescription med and can only be obtained through a vet. So there is always the risk that customs will seize it.

Actually buying on the internet does seem to be a problem now as all the websites that would import them seem to have died!

I got my Metromeds from Fish Sempai with another UK member, but I have got Jungle Anti-Parasite on Ebay from the States with no problems and pretty cheap, if you're looking for something with Metronidazole in it that might be worth a shot. I'm not sure how much of either I have left but I can take a look tomorrow and I might have enough to send you some.

The other thing you can try is this link and crush the tablets into gelfood mix before it sets, then you have your own medicated food :) There's dosage amounts on the site somewhere but I can't remember off the top of my head where...

Just looked and Fish Sempai is still trading. If you are still needing meds try them again as I dont know of any other site that shipped outside the US.

Sorry to drag this old thread up again but at the time I checked Fish Sempai and it said the same as it does now for MMs: No Products in this Category - Please check back again soon.

I don't suppose anyone has any in the UK? Or knows where else I could get it? Or something similar?

In the meantime I am ordering this and hoping to crush it into gel food somehow!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metronidazole-500mg-Aquarium-Fish-Antibiotic-Antimicrobials-20-Tablets-Free-Ship-/251040106479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a732807ef#shId that's if it gets through customs.

I MAY be getting some in from my cousin in the US who is visiting me, but I can't guarantee that she'll have remembered to buy it, she's a little flakey... hopefully though, since I no longer have any use for it (the fish I wanted it for was euthanised), I can help distribute it out to those in the UK in need of Metromeds. :)

There's people in Greece trading on ebay, stuff comes up in the link I posted before which you can dissolve in water or make into gelfood?