Sign in to follow this  
monkeyzero

I Did A Stupid.. When Feeding -___-

Soooooo

Today, I did my regular evening time feeding for my goldies. As I was feeding them, the phone was ringing. I had fed the fish abut left the cap open(why I have no idea, but I was in a rush to get the phone and forgot...). Just my luck, it was my uncle who can talk for AGES, and ended up talking to me for 10 minutes til I finally gave the phone to my dad. Then I remembered that I needed to feed my tortoise. So I got her food and fed her. I was going inside the house looking at my goldies, and to my horror, the fish food container was empty. :krazy: Guess who ate all the fish food. My dogs. My two little long haired chihuahuas who LOVE getting into EVERYTHING. :wa Of course this was my fault. They did get yelled at but that is all(I would never hit my babies!).

Luckily the fishies were fed, and my dogs too :rolleyes: Of course they got dinner after :D

Soooo now I'm stuck in a rut. There is no more goldfish food. At all. All I have is some tropical fish food. Tetra color I believe. And we wont be able to get fish food til Monday or Tuesday. Can they be fed this for the short while til I get them their regular goldie food? :)

How old are they? I would say they would be fine w/out food for a couple days. I always fasted mine on a weekly basis. If you are concerned though feed them some veggies. :)

yeah regular no sugar peas are a great food for a day or two :)

They're about a year and a half old. :)

So No Tropical food at all?

nope.. the peas are a good idea.. and if you normally don't fast your fish, now is a great time to start.. i fast my fish twice per week, they're happy as anything :D :D

helps to keep them regular.

nope.. the peas are a good idea.. and if you normally don't fast your fish, now is a great time to start.. i fast my fish twice per week, they're happy as anything :D :D

helps to keep them regular.

:exactly

experienced members on here told me that goldies can go at least a week, maybe 2 weeks without food in a dire situation. I wouldnt worry, and peas are good. Monday is only 4 days away

Great advise already above :) check out the food list for goldies and see what you have in the house and fasting one day a week at least is a great idea :)

My dog has done that before too...only he ate the lid too.

My dog has done that before too...only he ate the lid too.

Lordy! Was he ok after?

Thanks all. Turns out, I won't be in town, so the parental units(as I like to call them), will feed them peas :D