[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?api drops & strips

[*]Water temperature?currently 80

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?20/30

[*]What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?aqueon 30-45/45-90

[*]How often do you change the water and how much?75% 2x week

[*]how many days ago was the last water change and how much?teusday

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size?2 in 20 and 3 in 30

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners?prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often?variety hakari and frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp followed by peas weekly

[*]Any new fish added to the tank?no

[*]Any medications added to the tank?no

[*]List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.recently lost 2 fish from 20 gallon no history in 30 gallon

Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?ich :(

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?noticed some rubbing last night upon inspection saw salt like grains on fish checked other tanks and found more on another fish in another tank?????

I noticed jazz was hanging near the top of the tank and then darting around so went over to have a look and saw he was infested with ich :( Eenie had recently moved in with jazz as I though he was lonely :( which left Kisses,and Jet in the other 20H which are ich fee as far as I can tell,checked on my daughters 30L and minion and toothless both have ich as well :( live plants in her tank and in mine as well have been moved to the other 20H and I have bumped up the heat to 80 and started the salt...

I really do Not Know whats going on in my tanks lately :( But it is getting really frustrating to say the least :(

Any suggestions...I thought maybe Jazz is the carrier of some unknown disease thats effecting any other fish in with him but when i saw my daughters tanks had some ich as well i just don't know anymore????

why did that post all messed up???

Edited by Maceo
fix the formatting

ouch... How long ago did you get Jazz? he is the chocolate Oranda right? Could Ich stay hidden for 2 months or so? Only reason why i am asking is because i know you got the chocolate oranda from The pet store near Bobs furniture and that store has the worst tanks i have seen ever. My chocolate oranda lasted 7 days in my tank

Hopefully someone can help you soon

I think He (jazz) did come from there, he and jet were gifts from my daughter :) and he and jet were qt'd together for 6 weeks with salt and prazid and have always appeared healthy all be it they were both really skinny when i first got them...I have also recently added gravel,followed my mopani wood and some new java ferns which were all qt'd first as well :( I am surely getting frustrated with my goldfish tanks lately :(

Thanks again :)

Aparently, ich is something that is always present in a tank. so it was likely some sort of stress that brought it out.

Yup Ashlee18 is correct,ich is always present in low levels. A cycle spike, a new fish introduced to the "herd", temp fluctuations etc can stress a fish and out pops an ich outbreak.

You know that the salt treatment is not going to make your plants happy and have rehomed them temporarily which is a good move, you might want to give them a quick bleach disinfection just to make sure non of the ich is hiding out on your plants.

Bleach is used at 1 part bleach to 19 parts water. Dip the plant in the solution for 1 minute (for delicate stem plants), 2 minutes for tougher plants like java fern and anubias. Rinse several times in clear water, followed by a rinse in dechlorinated water.

Hang in there girl! We all go through rough patches with our fishy friends.

Ok so I had to go to the chiropractors last night and stopped in my local chain store for some more salt for my ichy fishies :( which are already looking better ;) and then I saw this guy on the bottom of the tank with ich as well...hmmmm why not treat him with the others for the ich followed by the prazi pro which is on the way now as well ;) he/she otherwise looks good :) I'm hoping I didn't just jinx myself :(

But I really couldn't resist this cute chubby face and after loosing Mama Finns and Meenie recently... I just needed a new goldfish fix ;)

No Name yet????Suggestions welcome :)

The Ich Gang

ctmpphprqGEq8.jpg

New One :) :) :)

ctmpphpXYjQs5.jpgctmpphpwkG1H2.jpgctmpphpgWUuHl.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Omg they are all too cute! Happy fins! :)