How To Clean A Used Acrylic Tank

Hi all! I got a used acrylic tank today. It looks pretty good and hasn't been used in years. But I was cleaning it and realized that I can't empty every bit of water. Acrylic tanks have a top with holes cut into it, so there's an edge that traps a little bit of water always. The fact that I always leave a little something in there, no matter how much I rinse, concerns me. Does anyone have a cleaning recommendation that won't leave a residue that will hurt fish? :undecided:

I don't plan to put fish in this tank immediately. I want to use it for a planted tank and see what will grow in low light. If I have success and see growth, I want to put my goldies in the new tank and rip apart and plant my 36 gallon in the living room.

• Admin

The only way I can think of is to tip it sideways and use the strongest setting on the shower head or use a hose.... but kinda flood it do you can get it all out, may have to do this for a few mins :)

I have an acrylic tank and also found that after I had cleaned and rinsed it, etc, there still was some water left. So I used a microfiber towel and dried it out by hand. Except for the silliness of standing on a step stool to do this, it worked well.