Pray For My Fishies!

this morning i woke up to our power being off. the electric company is claiming we owe 1000 dollars! (we DONT) so my mom took all the latest bills and pay reciepts down to the electric company where she argued for about an hour with the workers and the supervisior who is claiming our reciepts are faulty and they havent gotten paid from us since last june! (we wernt living here last june!!) there refuseing to turn our power back on till we pay the money along with a 450 dollar late fee we are looking for a lawyer becuase this is not the first time they have done this to us or lost proof of our payments. litterly no more then 3 weeks ago they claimed we owed 500 dollars but after we took in the reciepts they miraculessley found proof of our payment on there computers.

so what does this have to do with my fish? well i know im not going to be able to keep up 100 percent water changes every day on the 80 gallon when i have to use water conditioner so i decided to move them out to my bf 55 gallon untill this gets settled which who knows how long that will be! and i worry becuase its a complete change is water chemestry he uses well water i use city water,he has harder water then me, and when he had fish in this tank no more then a month ago he only did 10 percent water changes every few months. i cleaned the tank up as much as i could but my fish are seeming to lose energy waiting in there buckets so ive jsut been acclimating them! im about to put them in there now pray for my fishes!!

Best wishes to you. I'm sure with your excellent care the fish will be fine.

I hope you'll be able to get the electric issue resolved quickly. Also look into counter-suing them. That's not right.

oh no!! *fingers crossed*

Could you maybe find pumps that are battery operated?

or if you have any Techie-inclined friends maybe they could rig up a car battery for you? (although it's not the safest)

Hope everyone pulls through okay!! That's really just ridiculous....at this stage a lawyer sounds like a very good idea. Jerks...

Wait, isn't your bf the whiny guy with the broken collar bone? Or am I confusing you with someone else? How is he going to perform ANY water change if he wasn't even able to pick up the darn phone??

Either way, good luck! I hope everything goes well and the power company gets their crap in order.

I keep multiple battery operated pumps for just such and emergence. You would want at least two for an 80. Without oxygenated water your filter will crash. When the power goes out for a while I remove the media and set it in the tank next to the air stone. I also own a computer battery back up that I can use. You can't connect an AC (house current) product to a DC power source (battery) with out a converter. If you neighbor is cool maybe they will let your run an extension cord to your filter.

Aw man, what a bummer!

I'm so sorry you guys have to go through this, and that your goldies have to deal with the consequences of the power outage as well. :(

I do hope this situation turns for the better soon.

well your well wishes must have worked becuase they are doing good in the new 55 gallon thank God now i jsut have to keep a close watch on them!

and yes fang my bf was the whiney one who wont pick up a phone HAHA he wont be doing the water changes i dont trust him too ill be the one doing them he doesnt know cr@p about fish im finding out i sued to think oh hes got a 125 tank he must know alot well he doesnt LOL. i brought my filters for his tank so the good bacteria will stay that way and not die and need to re-cycle when i go home im going to empty out the tank no sense keeping stagnant water in there. i swear this has been the WORST summer of my life im still nursing my right arm from a bee sting yesterday at which time i found out im quite allergic been popping bendrylls since it happend yesterday to get the swelling and purpleness to go away also yesterday one of my female buttons wasnt moving around much so i had a look at her feet and found the thinest hair ever tangled around them i mean THIN and white was cutting into her poor little leg poor baby i got it all out and cleaned the wound today though she seemed much much better but had i not found that hair she could have lost her leg! you jsut dont realize that a simple hair could cause such a huge issues for a little bird!

hopefully therest of the year will be better hope hope hope