Sign in to follow this  
Midnight112x

Goldfish Getting Friendly With Me

So i am moving some stuff around in the tank and my little friends in there started nibbling on my inner elbow which startled me at first. i was freakin out and i was actually pretty funny. With the exception of the 7 year old fish and the 8 month old fish, the other 3 have only been with me less than 2 months. They have no problem with me cupping them lightly under water either. Its really interesting... Im sure many of you know this already but this is sorta new to me. Goldie always nibbled my hand at the surface but i never actually tried to put my hand near her under water.

Once they know you are the care taker they will start to show you trust and nibbling is a good sign :)

nibbling is the reason i am into fancy goldfish more than any other fish ;). They are extremely social, and this is why i love them the most.

Hehe mine do that! Although they don't really like me touching them atall. My common clive gave me quite a nip yesterday - I was doing a water change and I'd fed them not that long ago, guess he thought my finger was a giant bloodworm or something.. :P

Doesn't it just make you go "squeeeeeee!!!!!?" :happydance It's the most cutest, fun, giggly thing! :happydance You just can't help but get the biggest, happiest smile on your face ever when they do this. :happydance

Although they still have their natural instincts and try to flee if you try to catch them, they are very social. Mine are usually not scared of my hand either when I stick it in the tank. They come nibbling, and during water changes are always extremely interested in the gravel vacuum. I HAVE to secure the opening of it with fishnet stocking rubberbanded over it, or my fish will get themselves sucked in. :doh11: Not only the big fish, but the small 2 inch fish also.

I can also tell differences in how shy some are. Orange Fishie for example is the most shy of all of my goldfish. He is the only one that still does not go up to the surface for hand feeding, and will dart in the opposite direction when my arm is in the tank. The others are more social, especially the telescopes are friendly. :)

I love my guys for it. My telescopes are the most affectionate? They love to nibble at my hands when doing a water change. I sometimes have to shoo them away because they are all right at my hands.

i never thought they would be this awesome. To think, i neglected goldie all these years and she still likes me... It was a funny scene though i yelped like a little child. I didnt know what was going on. They will swim around me during water changes but never nibble on my arm. Now a few of them are doing it.

Why would anyone want any other fish? :)

This is what I love most about goldfish! Makes me feel so good to know they trust me. :D

They come nibbling, and during water changes are always extremely interested in the gravel vacuum. I HAVE to secure the opening of it with fishnet stocking rubberbanded over it, or my fish will get themselves sucked in. :doh11:

I have to be very careful with my vac - they're always interested in it and they usually try to catch and eat the bits they see floating up the tube!

Awesome, best feeling i was surprised when my 2 started doing this i used to have a koi pond years ago and i never managed to get them to feed from my hand.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing!

My pond fish (4 comets) are very very curious when I put my hands in the pond. But my tank fish will do this too! It's a surprising, tickling feeling, isn't it?

:heart

I always find it so cool when they nibble. And when they rub their heads up against you. Their when is so soft, like silk.

My 2 largest fish Cheeto and Totoro love to nibble me when im in the tank (hand not body, lol) i love it cuase i now its their way of telling me they trust me, but my other fish rs. Chubbs and Sebastian sometimes nip me too. They can be a bit to friendly though to my apple snail, esp when im feeding him at the top of the tank, they can smell his food and try and peck him out the way so they can get it, lol

they're cute arent they? :)

my female fish always nibbling but the male ones dont. i don know why. hehehe..