Sign in to follow this  
showcase

Massive Koi Tank - Dialup Warning: Lots Of Pics

Just sharing a few pictures. A buddy recently went to Vietnam and had dinner at a restaurant in Ho Chi Minh. The koi are definitely not show quality but are nice nonetheless. Personally, I would rather see these fish in a pond. If these were my tanks, I would do an Asian arowana community tank or a monster oddball selection. I asked permission if I could post these pictures in this forum and he gave the the go ahead.

Main tank

frontcarpaquariuma.jpg

frontcarpaquariumb.jpg

frontcarpaquariumc.jpg

frontcarpaquariumd.jpg

frontcarpaquariume.jpg

Pond by the buffet table

buffetcarpsa.jpg

buffetcarpsb.jpg

buffetcarpsc.jpg

I hope these fish weren't on the menu... :rofl

Nice pics! Although those fish sure should be in a pond, like you said, they look like they are being well taken care of. The water and tanks are clean looking, and the fish look very healthy. Too often you see restaurant-koi that are obviously sick or unhappy, but these guys look nice and healthy. Not even a single tear in a fin, or red veins. :)

beautiful display.. they look happy.. you should have snapped a video too :)

Wow thanks for sharing! It is neat to get to see the whole body of a Koi for once instead of just their back. blush.gif Yes I know they should be in a pond since they can get as large as a small dog, but I found this pretty interesting and this is my first time ever seeing Koi in tanks like this. interesting.gif

And that pond by the buffet table... what is going on there? huh.gif It's so odd with the large tank structure in the middle.

cool cool cool. wish i could see them in person. i'd be tempted to feed them food from the buffet. Koi like shrimp cocktail ? lol :idont

poor things tho. kois are super fast fish who enjoy swimming.

I imagine that the koi are switched out with new fish every once and a while. Being in a warm building under optimal water conditions they would out grow that tank in a short period of time. They are probably have a contact it a koi supplier or maintenance company.

Those are really pretty.

Really cool!

WOW!!!

The round tank with the rectangular tank on top is particularly interesting.

It's a nice clean tank, but wouldn't call it nearly massive for Koi. My friend has a 3500 gallon pond and won't even put Koi in it. Too small she says!