Introducing Ryuu. :)

kiiarah

I actually have two new bettas, one new fantail, and two corydora catfish to introduce, but I don't have pictures of all the new guys yet. I got this excellent shot of Ryuu today and figured it is about time I got pictures posted here. :) Ryuu is Japanese and the name's meaning is dragon (or dragon spirit). He is a half-moon betta that I found at the big box pet store. I couldn't believe his colors. I figured there was a reflection on his cup when I saw him out of the corner of my eye, I just couldn't believe he was actually so vivid. I was there to buy Corydoras that day, but came home with him instead. :wub: He is by far the most brightly colored betta I have seen outside of the auction websites. I was a bit worried that he wouldn't make it at first because he was so much more shy than Claude or our newest boy Axol, but he is really settling in well now. I have had him for about a week and a half. :newfish Should have pics of the rest of the gang up in a day or two!

3e50bb1e-2.jpg

He always turns his head when I go up to the tank, makes for some darling photos. ^_^

Edited by kiiarah

Thanks everyone! I couldn't believe how lucky I was to find him. :heart Good thing I don't go to that store often. They get much more specialty bettas and I doubt I could resist any of them. :teehee I am just so glad he is calming down and eating well now. I finally feel like he is going to do alright. ^_^

He's gorgeous! I know exactly how you feel. I went to the big box pet store for dog food a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with my own little halfmoon! My guy wasn't the most colorful or friendly, but he was a terrified little sweetheart that I vowed to bring home if he was still there when I went back a few days later - and he was. I couldn't believe that they have such gorgeous specialty bettas now and I think it's going to get me in trouble if I don't stay out of that section :)