Sign in to follow this  
Vee

Rescue Fish!

So today I rescued a new fish! :D The woman I got him from said he was outgrowing her 10g tank, so it sounded like he was semi-well cared for and loved. :heart

I put him in the 90g today, but by the end of the day but I felt kind of miserable knowing he could see the other goldies but not interact with them... Sooo I put pear in with him. :whistle

Maybe not the best idea, but after a thorough examination of him, I figured the worst he could have is flukes and since I've never treated for them anyway the worst that could happen is pear gets flukes too and I'll just have to treat them both. :hide:

Anyway, I can't tell exactly what this little cutie is.. He's all white, with a slightly pink undertone, especially around the head area. I noticed some pink veins in his tail earlier, but it could easily have been from the stress of transport and they didn't look that bad at all. I'm kind of thinking he's an Oranda, but could easily be a little fantail or ryukin/oranda mix. He doesn't really have a hump to him, but he's not the same shape as my other orandas.. :idont

Here's him and Pear: For size comparison pear is about 2'' long

wclttj.jpg

Here's the best picture I could get of just him (He does have a dorsal fin, it's just so white you can't see it!!) :

k3lvnc.jpg

And here's just him in the 90g (he's near the filter tube. :) :

33f96ps.jpg

Aw. So cute. :)

Thanks for posting. I love the new spacious tank. I'm sure you won't have any problem filling it up with beautiful goldies :)

Btw, he looks like he could be a ryukin. Or a fantail :)

Thanks guys. :)

I love the new tank too, but I desperately need to do something with the decor. The problem is I can barely reach the bottom of my 55g, so how I'm going to reach to do anything with the bottom is a mystery to me. :rofl

:newfish ?!?! No problem for me! :rofl As soon as I get a couple of bucks it's off to the fish store! :lol

You can get a stool :) That is what I have to use.

Congrats on the new guy. How are you other fish doing?

Very cute! It will be interesting to see if he grows a hump or is a fantail.

Haha, even kneeling on a tall chair I can barely reach the bottom of my 55g. :rofl

The other fish seem to be doing just well, even Pear who's now buddied up with Mr. Rescue. I still need to find a name for him.

My largest fish's wen is growing over his eyes to the point that it's becoming increasingly hard for him to get food while the other's eat.. I'm starting to consider trimming his wen. :no:

Thank you for asking. :)

Oh he still has a possibility to grow a little hump? :o

.. OH HURRY UP AND GROW!! :please

I wanna know what you are little mystery fish!!

Edited by Vee

Oh how cute! Good thing you rescued him!

To me he looks like a fantail with some ryukin traits. Maybe a fantail x ryukin cross. :)

^^ Thanks for the compliments on new fishie.

It's cool that I have a possible Ryukin! :D

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he definitely looks like a fantail. Give him a few months, if he doesn't have a noticeable hump by then, he's a fantail.

But don't despair! Fantails are making a comeback in popularity! :D

He is so CUTE!!!! Congrats on the new addition and up pgrade on your tank as well :)

Thanks guys! :rofl

Even if he is just a fantail, it's still a new fish to me! :D I only have had orandas, moors, a bubble eye (which I had to return to the lfs,) a ranchu and a pearl scale! :)