Sign in to follow this  
ashlee18

Found Something Awesome Today

So I don't know about you guys, but the all of the GFC bags of food that I have have broken seals. My seals all separated from the bag. So I was kind of upset that my open bag of metromeds will only be used once because the seal was broken and it was impossible to get the air out while trying to tape the top closed. I also have lots of bugs in the room, its a basement and I live in the south, so I really didn't want roaches making a snack out of the food.

I work in a grocery store and a customer brought this nifty thing up to the front. You can reuse the bag over and over if using it for dry food. I tried it and it is amazing! So I thought I would share. Since many of you might be like me and unable to afford a big vacuum sealer. This only cost me $4.

871006422_photobucket_64522_.jpg

Oh, sorry if I posted this is the wrong part of the forum.

how FABULOUS!!!!!!

They don't sell those here so I got my mom's vacuum machine. But this sure looks handy.

I hate how those bags always break you are totally right! And in the pictures they show some nice jars to fool us :rofl

I have something similar (mine is an electric pump since I am such a lazy a-- LOL), and it works rather well.

Freaky Deaky Cool... Will be looking for one :)

And then here is a picture of all my foods sealed.

871006422_photobucket_64542_.jpg

This is a really great, inexpensive option for vacuum sealing food! Usually, food sealers are big, fancy electric models that cost a small fortune. I've always thought I'd like to have a food sealer, but there was no way I was going to pay the price of those fancy electric ones, so now here's a great manual choice! I don't use pellet fish food, but I have plenty of other food issues that always need sealing!

A woman from my Church uses those but told me the bags are no longer sold in stores and that she had to buy them online for a lot of $ so she gave away the extra vacuums that came with the order. I'm not an expert on this product, and I don't feel like arguing with anyone; I am only passing along the information presented to me about this product.

Yeah, my store stopped carrying the bags a while back but they brought them back.

If the store she shops at is a good one, they will special order the bags for her. We do that all the time. That is what brought these back. A customer had the pump but no bags and wanted us to carry them again. So we do :D

They have a ton of them at Mart of Wal. If you want to be extra careful, check your local stores first for availability before buying :)

I have to look for one of these! I'll buy extra bags too if I find them. Thanks Ashlee!