Sign in to follow this  
justnoskill

Where To Buy A Python Gravel Vac

I can't seem to find a website that has a python system with the 50ft. hose that's not out of stock. Do they not make it anymore? Any suggestions on where to find one? thanks!

I have the Marina Aquavac. Same as Python, just different brand. I love it. And it has a strainer already on the vacuum so no accidents with the fish.

I got mine where the pets go :) lees brand though ;)

Nice!! thank you guys. I can't wait to say goodbye to my bucket

I have the Marina Aquavac. Same as Python, just different brand. I love it. And it has a strainer already on the vacuum so no accidents with the fish.

I also have the Marina Aquavac... it's great! That strainer protector comes in handy, and there are easy-remove suction cup holders to hold the tube in place. The intake tube is also shaped differently so that it can fit into corners more easily :) I highly recommend it.

I've had a python on backorder since April. For some reason they shut down production & pulled their product. I keep asking when they'll be back up and running & I keep getting 2-3 weeks as my response. I bought an Aqueon that is "like" python from the my LFS for but it has very poor suction (not sure if its the brand or my water pressure or how I had to rig it to hook it up to my faucet).

Hey guys, is there any reason that my Aqueon stops sucking after about 1/4 is drained? It seems that that is when the water level is below the faucet level. I need to stop/start & shake & put my hand in front of it to see if its still sucking. Then water level VERY VERY VERY slowly will lower. Finally I get frustrated and start taking buckets of water out. It fills OK.

I have the aqueon too and I love it, I like the mechanism on the vac part of it much better than the python.

I've had both and love the Python! I was told the Co. 'went under' oops.gif I bought up a bunch of replacement tubes and all the other parts so I can keep mine going for a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg timeyeah.gif

Hey guys, is there any reason that my Aqueon stops sucking after about 1/4 is drained? It seems that that is when the water level is below the faucet level. I need to stop/start & shake & put my hand in front of it to see if its still sucking. Then water level VERY VERY VERY slowly will lower. Finally I get frustrated and start taking buckets of water out. It fills OK.

I'm not really sure, but I wonder if it has something to do with the water pressure of the faucet you have it hooked to. Is the water pressure low? I'd imagine that that would create poor suction and cause the vac not to work properly.

I purchased my python from drsfosterandsmith.com but if you're saying the company is kaput I'm freaking out b/c I don't have any replacement parts if anything were to wear out!! krazy.gif