Dandy Orandas Question

Did you mean $8 or $80? Because it's really more like $80 for one fish.

well im talking about the bids...like saying if i did get one for $15, would the shipping be $8?

Oh geez Sakura you scared the BALOGNA outta me!

OH GEEZ I'm in so much trouble! The boxes DO cost about $75 to ship a fish!

X_X thank you for posting this or I would have been SCREWED!

Edited by Vee

I bid on a fish and it closes in two hours and hearing you say that pretty much scared me to death! I read the shipping before, but just seeing that made me want to die! :thud

:rofl

Vee, your only solution: bid on one or two more...may I suggest 14 & 17 (especially 17). They are young and full of potential :rofl

I bid on a fish and it closes in two hours and hearing you say that pretty much scared me to death! I read the shipping before, but just seeing that made me want to die! :thud

:rofl

Vee, your only solution: bid on one or two more...may I suggest 14 & 17 (especially 17). They are young and full of potential :rofl

Yes! Get more for your money. It cost me 86 to have one fish shipped to me.

X_X I don't have the money at all for $86 dollars worth of fish! I thought the shipping was only going to come to the $8..

I'm just going to e-mail him and see if he'll cancel the bid/order because there's NO way I can do that.

I paid $50 for shipping on a $60 fish.

And I've seen the bids for this showroom, and I don't think the people who only bid $10 or less will get the fish for that price b/c I won the bid for less than $60 but Ken said he needed at least $60 for the fish so I agreed on the price. Now it could be that I'm just bad at auctioning and that's why I was talked up in price but either way I just wanted to put in my two cents from my experience.

^in the past he had reserves on the fish and wouldn't sell it below the reserve. So it wasn't because of you :) recently, he hasn't asked for a reserve. I think it is because he wants to move out as many fish as possible for his new shipment.

His shipping price went up for me after he moved :(

My shipping was insanely expensive. But I did get my two fish for well below cost...my ryukin was $21 and my big boy lionhead $40. But the shipping was almost $100 and he was running $20 off shipping. It was crazy!

How is it that they charge so much for shipping when steve at raingarden, who ships from Hawaii, only charges 30-60 to ship anywhere in the US?? If one seller can ship at a reasonable cost it seems like others would be able to as well. Is something different done in the shipping process or is it a way to make a little extra off the shipping in case the fish sell for less than expected?

How is it that they charge so much for shipping when steve at raingarden, who ships from Hawaii, only charges 30-60 to ship anywhere in the US?? If one seller can ship at a reasonable cost it seems like others would be able to as well. Is something different done in the shipping process or is it a way to make a little extra off the shipping in case the fish sell for less than expected?

Tithra, Steve does 2 day shipping, whereas Ken does overnight FedEx Express. That's pretty much the difference in price.

I pay $78 for shipping for one fish from Ken. Tithra, the difference in price is that it takes Steve's fish 2 days to get to you. Ken's fish arrive in under 18 hours.

So he doesn't have a reserve price, but if someone wins, he sometimes tells them he needs to get more $ for the fish??? Seriously?

No he doesn't. When he had a reserve, if it wasn't met he would tell the person they could purchase the fish for the reserve price. So say the reserve for a fish is 60 but I bid 40, he would sell it to me for 60. Now there is no reserve and you can bid 15 and pay 15. He doesn't ask you to pay more if there is no reserve, only if there is one. And if you didn't meet the reserve and don't want to pay it, you don't have to.

I went to DO and it was torture to pull myself away! Steve from RG has some great fish also. The shipping is cheaper (around $30-$60 depending on the size), but in this heat I would DEF splurge for the overnight shipping if you live in the US. When my oranda arrived last week (second day air), the bag water was hot to the touch. Not complaining about the packaging, it was great, but no match for the heat.