Sign in to follow this  
xchairity_casex

Lots Of Water Sprite

here is my 10 gallon tank i started with one small water sprite an anubis and smoething else i cant rember the name of and this 6 months later is the tank as you can see its been over taken by water sprite its litterly growing out of thank tank!

Picture473.jpg

looks good and healthy. Are you moving it into another tank?

im not sure what im going to do with it all! i dont have any grow lights on my tanks this tank is in my window in the direct sunlight

Whoa. :blink:

Dang WOW :o:)

oooo~ you have such a green thumb! I have yet to keep any aquatic plants alive. unsure.gif

Dayum! If I was closer, I'd take some off of you :D

Very nice. I would trim some and fill in the bottom. This plant aslo does well in low light and as a floater. So should work fine in other tanks too.

actually ive never grown live plants before when i bought these it was a wait and see thing which is only why i bought a few plants becuase i was certian i would kill them guess i was wrong :P

today im going to be going thru and cleaning the tank up a bit ill take a pic when im all done

That's awesome! I Wish my plants did that lol

-Devo

boy was it a job but i cleaned out and seperated alot of the plant bunches

this is the top of the tank before i started cleaning it out

Picture481.jpg

as you can see how much was growing out of the water.

i seperated all the litle plantlets and took them out of the tank till all i had left was the original plant

Picture482.jpg

then i did a 100 percent water change since i havent done a water change in about a month (dont worry nothings living in it except plants no fish) and my mom has been feeding the tank large amounts of fish food why i have no idea she just says "just in case" in case what? fish start growing from the gravel?

and here it is now after i cleaned it up and anchored the best plants in the rocks

Picture494.jpg

Picture493.jpg

and here are the smaller plants htat didnt go back into the tank

Picture487.jpg

those little ones i moved into my guppy fry tank i dont know if they will grow with just a regular florecent bulb or not but if they do they do if they dont no big deal

It looks like a pile of PARSLEY :rofl

Those scratches look they hurt!

Those scratches look they hurt!

naw there alright though i probably should have not dunked them in the filthy tank water or atleast cleaned them out afterward...

Your mom has the right idea about the fish food. It breaks down and feeds the plants.

Your mom has the right idea about the fish food. It breaks down and feeds the plants.

yeh but she was dumping in about 2 tablespoons of gel food per day :/ within 2 weeks that adds up