When To Separate The Female

CelesteGB

Hello!

Cheery, my telescope is ready to breed again and has two males pestering her and I now know what breeding stars look like :P ...and Rosie is a male hehe. At what point should I put her in a floating container in the tank to give her a break? She looks like she's welcoming some of it but then swims off with the two males chasing her. Half the time they are sandwiching her and the other half of the time, they have their nose stuck up her rear.

So when is it all enough for her? :)

Celeste

Yes but she wasn't really hiding in them. I went ahead and separated her for a bit and when I let her out, they pestered her some more. I then added some algae tablets to get them sidetracked :)

How often do they spawn?

How often do they spawn?

In the "wild" (well, outdoors anyway) goldfish usually spawn multiple times in the spring into early summer. Indoors, though, that cycle isn't there so they can spawn anywhere from every few weeks to never.

• 1 month later...

if you are intended to breed your fish, you must separate them all start from now. it helps them develop their maturity and avoiding "free-sex" so you dont have to worry about wild-fry. :)