How Long Can Apple Snails Go Without Food?

I got a Apple Snail today!

So i was wondering, how long can they go without food?

They can hibernate for a few months if it gets too cold but in warmer water I believe they will die within a few days without food- in a tank there is always food.

Lennard

Yeah, mine eats whatever is in the tank. He is always moving so I assume he is eating things that are leftover in the gravel and on the tank walls. He sometimes eats when the goldfish do too, I think he really enjoys pea day.

This is a great resource on apple snails, maybe try looking there? http://www.applesnail.net/

I cant find any info on how long they can go without eating. . .

According to several websites they can go without food for many months if they are hibernating. They also go into a hibernating state if they are stressed - but if the temperature is warm enough and the snails does not move after a few days, something else must be wrong. If the snail is moving it is eating.

Lennard

You need to feed the snail daily, either in a separate bowl so the fish don't eat the food first (they love gelfood, pellets and veg) or by leaving a chunk of cucumber or similar in the tank at all times so there will be some left after the fish have finished pecking. They are not a pet that can just be ignored and assume they will find food themselves, particularly in a goldfish tank there doesn't tend to be a huge amount left and they don't really eat algae, it's certainly not enough to live on.