Sign in to follow this  
Geeros

Pea Madness

Now that my lads are nice and healthy thank god and trinket, i gave peas to them and they went absolutely mad for them i would never had believed it before joining kokos.

I tried banana but they was not to keen on that and spat em out, trying to give them a nice diet so looks like peas shrimp so far.

Will do them a little roast dinner sunday and see if they like that.....

Now that my lads are nice and healthy thank god and trinket, i gave peas to them and they went absolutely mad for them i would never had believed it before joining kokos.

I tried banana but they was not to keen on that and spat em out, trying to give them a nice diet so looks like peas shrimp so far.

Will do them a little roast dinner sunday and see if they like that.....

how big are your fishes' mouths? i can't believe my little 2.5"-ers could even eat a pea. do you squish them up first?

also, who is trinket? or is that just something you made up :-)

thanks!

pea-skeptic (or just inexperienced) jessica

Hiya,

Trinket is a member moderator gave me some excellent help when one of my fish was poorly, i microwaved them for 10 seconds them left them in the water for 10mins to cool then mashed them up was only 2 little peas and took the shell off they loved em.

What do you feed yours?

Edited by Geeros

My fish love peas. I have to mush them up so that they don't go and eat too many peas at once. My big boy can shove a whole pea in his mouth, and my younger GF could certainly try.

-Devo

My goldfish go crazy over peas.. It just the shelling of them is a pain in the :fbottom:

My goldfish go crazy over peas.. It just the shelling of them is a pain in the :fbottom:

Not really. My "technique" is to pinch them at the opposite side of the "seam" and they pop right open. Even gotta watch that the pea doesn't fly through the room :rofl