Sign in to follow this  
colley614

Feeding Regime?

Hi Guys,

Just wonering what regime you guys use to feed your fish. Today I fed my goldfish tetra pellets in the morning then before tea and have fed a little frozen bloodworm. what do you guys do and any recommended brands?

I jump btwn feeding a little less than half a square of frozen food in the morning, and a few peas in the morning. The frozen food is usually a freshwater mix. The package has a couple of different flavors that I go btwn. I also have a GF specific frozen pack that I use off and on as well. Peas are just your normal peas that I heat up and mash.

-Devo

I feed once a day, in the evening. My goldfish are adults, so once a day is sufficient for them. Really young goldfish might benefit from two feedings a day, as long as you're careful not to overfeed.

My favorite pellet food is Pro-Gold. I've been using it for years and my goldies all do beautifully on it. It's available from goldfishconnection.com. I feed Pro-Gold almost every single day, and feed blanched, skinned peas about once a week.

Ok I have been thinking of buying a type of Hikari pellet, not sure if I should buy some or buy a different brand. I've rad some comments suggesting they are over rated?

I feed once a day.

Omega One Small pellets every day

Hikari FD Daphnia once a week

Hakari FD bloodworms twice a week

Tetra mini sinking sticks a few times a week with their Omega One (when this runs out, I am going to get some Omega One shrimp pellets; better quality.)

Algae wafers once a week

Frozen peas once a week without shells

Ok I have been thinking of buying a type of Hikari pellet, not sure if I should buy some or buy a different brand. I've rad some comments suggesting they are over rated?

It's certainly a possibility. I've never fed my fish hikari food before, but here's something interesting:

The first three ingredients of hikari lionhead are fish meal, wheat flour, and krill meal. The first three ingredients of omega one is whole salmon, whole herring, whole shrimp. Omega one certainly looks better, considering those ingredients, but considering that people have healthy fish regardless of what food is fed, I wouldn't worry about it too much. A lot of people have good experience with hikari food, too. It's not really about the brand, though. That said, omega one is a lot cheaper.

Oh, and I feed my fish once per day, sometimes pellets and sometimes flakes. Sometimes they get bloodworms or veggies... no schedule really.

Edited by Calluna

since his recent bloating & flooating episode, I have switched to feeding Fluffy once a day, alternating between pro gold pellets and fresh veggies. I hope that's going to help his digestion.

i have 3 different gelfood recepies and i alternate. large fish, fed once per day. sometimes, in the mornings i give them pellets (once per week)

monday - gelfood

tuesday - gelfood

wednesday - fast

thursday - gelfood

friday - fresh steamed veggies

saturday - peas

sunday - fast wc day