Floaty Fry

Smurfishy

There has been one sad lil fry that has been doing circles in the water but now it floating at the top, it keeps struggling to right itself but doesn't get very far before its in the same place. I thought it would of passed away by now but it has tenacity. It will swim sideways to eat floating foods. The others have been nipping him.. Should I, can I do anything to help? I believe it is about 2 months old now, maybe more. I feed frozen brine shrimp, and flakes.

Once your fish is showing this there is nothing you can do about it.

I also have two month old fry with Pearlscale in the bloodline and a lot of them have swimbladder problems- they either float, swim of balance or go bottom sitting all the time. The best for the fish is to kill it.

Lennard

Or you could carefully manouver him into a tiny breeding net at the top of the tank if your fry tank is big enough for that between feeds. I did that with the sickly ones. However recovery prospects are not good with those symptoms :(

I was making green water and made the mistake of adding plants, its in a one of those 4.5g buckets, I was going to transfer that to a 18g rubbermaid thing and keep the bucket in there for a week, although the metal handle concerns me. I don't know if you would consider it green water anymore cuz the plants cleared alot of it up. Last I checked it the levels were .0, .25,? havent checked nitrates. there is enough baby water lettuce, primrose, and water hyacinth to cover the top of the water. There is also plenty of larva to snack on, So... what comes next, cuz I did want to put them in green water. I hear conflicting things about green water and filters so should or shouldn't I? If I should then ideas on covering the filter box or maybe I should use one of the filters on the tank they are currently in, it might fit on the rubbermaid. I have a 95gph one I could use. What do people normally do in regards to powering their outside pumps. Would it need aeration? Maybe I should make a new topic? LOL