Black Moor Turning White?

now i know all about color change but i always thought black moors most commonly turned orange? ive had this little black moor for only about 3 months in that time span its trippled in size when i first got it i noticed its tummy was a little bit white but now its getting whiter and whiter higher and higher up on the rest of its tummy. is it common for black moors to turn white or will this white eventually turn orange?

My two Moors both went from black to orange, noting that each has it's own distinct shade of orange. It's not impossible for blacks to turn white. As a matter of fact I had a RG Telescope with heavy black streaks especially in her fins and over a period of 8 months she changed to totally white. So again it all comes down to genetics...you never know what you're gonna get. :ehh

awsome im actually looking forward to her turning white! i just love pure white fish a few years ago i picked out this lovely little white oranda but it was before i got my 80 gallon and was keeping it in a 20 gallon with my 2 catfish and 2 other goldies and it died i was so sad it was so lovely

these are the best pictures of it it sorta looks more bronze in the pics then in real life maybe she will turn orange but when i first brought her home she had barely any white on her tummy now its creeping up her side.

oh and sorry about the dirty glass the tank sits on the floor and the dog just loves to sniff it and lick it :rolleyes:

Picture432.jpg

Picture443.jpg

Ooh Cedric is turning the exact same way! He started out as a black Moore then took on a more chocolate color and now he has the white tummy and his sides look just like that!

goldfish are funny. I have a brown comet that I bought in 2008 that is starting to turn gold....not orange but a golden color and a red cap comet that I bought in 2009 that is all white now. She lost her red cap in June of this year.

The problem with Black Moors is that most of them that is sold as Black Moors are something else. Most true bred Black Moors have a velvet (not metalic) black skin and forked rounded tails and if true bred most of them will never change color. To find a true Black Moore today is actually very rare.

Black and white telescopics are called Panda Moors - but the color on these fish are not very stable and will change continuously.

?

Lennard