My Lil Fish Isn't So Little Anymore

First 0ff i really think i feed my fish too much, cause he has gotten so huge! But not only that but I had two baby mollys and they would pick on the goldfish. Then me and my little daughter won two baby goldfish at a carnival. Then i started feeding along wth the normal tropical goldfish food, blood worms. it was fine for awhile, then my bigger gold fish started getting crazy like a hungry shark.Then one of the baby mollies started to act sick or not the same. It ended up dieing, i was devestated. After studying the fish for awhile I kind of noticed my goldfish was the cause of the death of my other molly. I think this cause my other baby molly started acting the same way the other one did and noticed the goldfish was bullying them to the point of death. SO i took him out and separated the molly. The molly got better and is getting bigger. Then the same thing happened with the bigger gold fish of the two that we won. It died too. I had already stopped giving them the blood worms. And finally decided to get the other baby goldfish out cause the same was starting to happen again so I put the baby goldfish with the baby molly and they have been fine. I am kind of confused with all of this, does anyone know why the little sweet goldfish keeps just getting bigger and bigger and went so dang crazy after I fed it bloodworms?I don't know what kind of goldfish he is and no pictures right now but the best way for me to describe him would be he looks just like one of those fish you see at like a park or something in a really big pond, same color dark orange on top and light orange on bottom.

P.S I'm really sorry if this isn't the right area to post this, I 'm just not to familar with the site yet and only ever have enough time to figure it out. Not that I even had time to take all this time to ask the question but I snuck the time, lol. I do apologize though and thanks as well.

Edited by Koko

First off, Im sorry for your loss. Your goldfish is prolly a common goldfish. Goldfish and mollies dont really live together as you have noticed. Goldfish do tend to be very greedy for all kinds of food, especially yummy things like bloodworms and brineshrimp! But aside from the temperment differences, they need different water temps and living enviroments.

Your goldies are going to grow up to be about 12 inches long. the mollies will be about 3 inches long. We have lots of articles around here, so feel free to get nosey! and welcome to Koko's

First off, Im sorry for your loss. Your goldfish is prolly a common goldfish. Goldfish and mollies dont really live together as you have noticed. Goldfish do tend to be very greedy for all kinds of food, especially yummy things like bloodworms and brineshrimp! But aside from the temperment differences, they need different water temps and living enviroments.

Your goldies are going to grow up to be about 12 inches long. the mollies will be about 3 inches long. We have lots of articles around here, so feel free to get nosey! and welcome to Koko's

Thanks so much

First off, :welcome ! :D You are indeed posting in the right area for this particular post, because you're seeking general goldfish knowledge!

Each goldfish needs about 20g of water, and the reason your goldies are probably growing so big is because feeding them things with high amounts of protein promotes healthy growth. :)

If you really want the best for your fish you need to get a 20g tank (minimum, no with other fish) a filter that turns over 200g per hour and separate the mollies and goldies. Like Magic said, mollies and goldies don't really play well together. :no:

You'd do well to leave the tanks bare bottom (or as close to it as possible) It helps to keep the tank clean and it's easier to maintain. Of course keeping gravel isn't too hard if you have a siphon and don't mind cleaning the gravel as an extra step to your weekly (once your tank is cycled) changes. :D

You'll also need a water-test kit to keep an eye on ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels. (Most members here at Koko's prefer the API Master Fresh Water Kit, because the drops tend to be more reliable than the strips).

Another thing you'll need is water conditioner. The best one you can buy is Prime. It's more concentrated, so you require less product per gallon, it helps to keep ammonia levels locked and it's even safe to double dose in desperate measures. :)

I know this is a lot of information, but it's for the best for your goldy! :D

If you want some information on the molly, there's a whole separate place to post for freshwater fish on the main boards toward the bottom.

Again, Welcome to Koko's! Nice to meet you! :D:heart