Black Ops Part Two

Well, I went down and picked up my three newest DO Black Butterfly Telescopes this morning, Mamba, Puma, and Nyx. The fish arrived fine from FedEx Overnight and the first thing I did was test the bag water parameters with some coaxing from Helen. pH was 7.2 and ammonia was off the charts 8.0! After adding some Prime to lower the levels, the next step was to get them them acclimated and into QT ASAP. Water temp was 72F, actually a little cool but after acclimating them for an hour I got the temps to match mine. Ammonia levels at this reading definitely will have an adverse effect upon any fish, and with them being subjected to this I was quite concerned. After being transferred into QT, they were somewhat disoriented and floaty, however after 4-5 hours they began to come around. Presently they've just finished their first light meal and I was pleased to see all three eating well and swimming actively. All three are relaxing comfortably now and will be receiving salt and Prazi treatment starting tomorrow night. That being said, I give you the last part of Project Black Ops. :ehh Thanks for looking! :thumb:

Ammonia Test 8.0 Bag Water

test.jpg

Nyx, Puma, Mamba

NyxPumaMamba.jpg

Nyx, Mamba, Puma

NiyxMambaPuma.jpg

Mamba

Mamba.jpg

Puma

Puma-1.jpg

Nyx

Nyx-1.jpg

Nyx and Mamba

NyxMamba.jpg

Mamba and Puma

MambaPuma-1.jpg

Nyx

Nyx1-1.jpg

Puma

Puma1.jpg

Puma

Puma.jpg

Nyx

Nyx.jpg

Congrats Dennis! ;)

Naww, what pretties they are! I keep forgetting how much I love Butterfly tails... ^.^

It's sort of sad to see the Black Ops completed though.

OOooooooooOOOOooooooo fancy :D Congrats. More black beauties.

That ammonia just goes to show the added stress factor of shipping :wacko:

Thank goodness they are in safe hands now :)

Thank you everyone!

they are beautiful!

how the heck could the ammonia be so high with overnight shipping? that green test tube is scary!

K, the amount of water in each bag was minimal. The less water the greater the chance of ammonia buildup obviously. I was quite surprised after I did the read (twice) and Helen tells me that Rai's test results for her DO Ryukin were about the same as mine. I'm telling everyone here to be careful, check your parameters for shipping water, and have Prime ready when receiving fish shipments! :thumb:

Congrats on your New Black Beauties Dennis :) I think its time to update your siggy though ;)

I hear ya Shell! Going to try and get a new one made up here soon. In the meantime I'm taking the old one down. ;)

Wow! Congrats...theyre all beautiful. I AM slightly curious though...how can you tell them all apart with this being the second shipment of black teles? Theyre all so similiar and there's going to be sooo many. I can't even tell those three apart without the names! :P

Wow! Congrats...theyre all beautiful. I AM slightly curious though...how can you tell them all apart with this being the second shipment of black teles? Theyre all so similiar and there's going to be sooo many. I can't even tell those three apart without the names! :P

LOL it's not that bad... once they arrive I make notes of each telescope's different traits such as color depth, finnage type, eye shape, and body depth. I was kind of worried about that myself at first but it's actually quite easy providing I don't have a brain fart. :tomato: