Best Food?

Guest Crystal

Guest Crystal

Whats the best type of food for my fish if I want to hand feed them? I also want something healthy for them so if anyone knows any good brands to go with other than Progold cause our pet store doesn't have it I think. I want them to get used to me hand feeding them. I also wanted to know exactly how you would soak flakes? I mean it would just make a huge mess & you can't grab it in the water. Ha I'm so lost! Also is cucumber or any other vegitable or fruit good to give them on a regular basis? Thanks Guys!

hey i don't think you really need anything expensive for your fish... when i hand feed my fish i just take some big flakes and just hold them under the water (some small flakes will fall and they will goble them up and eventually be attracked to the ones you are holding) and just holdi t their for like 5 min or untill they start eating from your hand... the key it to consistantly do it for like weeks (you have to ingrain it into their memories, no short term memmory remember) but if you do something repititiously then they will listen....

hope that helped.... and i have never had to soak my flakes... if i hand feed them by the time they come up to it , its soaked anyway... :) o well have a good one and hope this helped

DPG