Wanting To Make Some Changes To This Tank

I am not happy with this tank at all so I was hoping for some suggestions from you guys on some things to change. I am literally willing to change everything except for the fish :P

First thing is, the lighting. the bulbs are likely 2 years old and need to be replaced. That will be done on Wednesday. I also am thinking of changing the substrate over to the Tahitian moon :P I want to start getting it heavily planted and will most likely be tossing the current plants. And, the background will be painted black.

AngelTank.jpg

So send your opinions and suggestions my way :D More community fish will be added in the far future.

Maybe put the driftwood in the center, and the plants around/on either side of it? What kind of plants are they, anyway?

I'm jealous of the black gravel-stuff. I'd love to put some of that in my goldfish tank and my betta tank. It looks awesome! :angelstaf:

I don't know if the driftwood will fit in the middle. It is poking out of the top of the tank on the side and hides a filter lol

The plants are creeping Jenny and Wisteria. They are turning yellow from the bum lights.

alright, just going to throw this crazy suggestion out there only because it is secretly something that I would like to try some day...... instead of a black background grow a christmas moss wall! :D Hear me out here (lol), it would be beautiful, the black fish would really stand out against it, and it wouldn't get eaten like it would in a goldie tank! I want to start a tropical tank someday, just so that I can try growing a moss wall. Okay, that was my totally unrealistic suggestion for you :rofl

Oooh. Big piece of driftwood! :lol

I've never had good luck with live plants anyway.. Even my anubias has big missing chunks and brown spots. It's pretty pitiful.. Though it is growing baby leaves! :D But don't even ask about my sword(I think thats what they are) plants. :rofl

You know, I was thinking about a moss wall the other day! I was wondering if I could set it up with craft mesh. I even have a credit with PAC.

Do you guys think that I should stick with a black substrate? I was thinking of maybe this or even this because the TMG is all sold out.

Just take * out of links.

You know, I was thinking about a moss wall the other day! I was wondering if I could set it up with craft mesh. I even have a credit with PAC.

I love it! You should totally go for it :D There are some decent tutorials on youtube (e.g.

). Everything that I have read so far has said that any type of mesh that does not contain wire should be fine. It seems like it would be pretty easy to do if you have fish that won't destroy it before it grows! It's just the waiting for it to grow part that might be kind of annoying, but if you did do a black background you probably wouldn't even notice the mesh much while it was growing in. I really like the look of the christmas moss in particular (as opposed to the java moss) because it is so neat (as in tidy) looking. Edited by tithra

Go with the Aquarium Complete, Ashlee! You know the moon sand works well, but it might be interesting to try a different substrate :)

Well they are both by the same company :) I might wait a couple weeks to make a decision since I want to try that wall

Too bad PAC is out of the chirstmas moss.