Two Dead In My Tank..

[*]Test Results for the Following:

[*]Ammonia Level? 0

[*]Nitrite Level? 0

[*]Nitrate level? less than 10

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? 8.0

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)?

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

[*]Water temperature? 80 degrees Farenheit

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 30g (ornaments prob make it 28-29g) running for over a year, finally cycled again for 2 weeks.

[*]What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? two sponge filters, both are 30-40 tetra brand

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? 50% weekly.

[*]how many days ago was the last water change and how much? 5 days ago, 50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 8 zebra danios, 1 blue gourami, 1 chinese algae eater, 3 black finned tetra, 2 sunburst platy (was 4 until this morning)

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? tetramin pro crisps

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? yes, 4 sunburst platy

[*]Any medications added to the tank? no

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? after I added the 4 fish (bought from the same fish store a day after I purchased the other fish) one had a bloated belly and bottom sat- i thought was eggs or over eating, and another got bit (probably by the algae eater from hanging around his tiki hut).

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? the two fatter platys were dead at the BOTTOM of the tank. I thought this was weird.. since dead fish usually float. these guys sank, my other fish weren't even interested in them either (I know this sounds gross, but they didn't seem to be picking at the carcasses).

My only thought is that these two fish just didn't adjust as well as the other two (who are both perfectly healthy in appearance and activity) or that they were picked on by the gourami or the algae eater.

You don't seem over stocked but you did add to many at once. You should never add more then five fish at a time. Wait a month or so then add more.

Hope the tank settles down soon.

You don't seem over stocked but you did add to many at once. You should never add more then five fish at a time. Wait a month or so then add more.

Hope the tank settles down soon.

Should I take some back?

You should QT all fish, but I never QT'd my tropicals (when I had them) since I trusted the source and they all came from the same tanks within a close-ish period of time.

Everything looks normal, so I think Hidir might be right, it was just too many at once. I think you should be fine now, since what's done is done. I would have started with a school of 5, but since you've got them all in there I'd just leave it and check the water constantly.

Yep no point in taking any back. But I sure wouldn't get any more any time soon. Also keep a close eye on the water and do water changes as needed.

I wouldn't take any back, as the petstore will likely put them down anyway. But Hidr is right, always only add a few at a time, to not overwhelm the BBs and the fish. The deaths could have even resulted simply from stress.

Glad everything seems to be fine now though :)