Which Is Better?

So I've been stalking around craigslist looking for bigger tanks for my goldies and i found two deals that sound pretty good.

deal #1

65 gal tank with filter(brand unknown), steel stand, and light for $75

deal #2

6 sided 55gal with wood stand, light/hood, filter(brand unknown), heater, and gravel(I would get rid of the gravel) for $60

this tank looks to be taller than it is longer

I'm trying to decide if i should go for the bigger tank for more or the slightly smaller tank with lots of extras for less

I'm sorta leaning towards the bigger tank but I don't know if I have the room for it because i don't know the dimensions for the tank and there wasn't a pic of the tank

opinions appreciated!

I can post the links to the ad5 if you want to see them

I would go with the first offer. The second one sounds like it might look nicer, but goldies need long rectangular tanks. :) It helps with oxygen and swimming space. If they both have pictures I think you should post the links! :D

ok here's the links

65gal there's not a picture for this one and the description is really brief

http://appleton.craigslist.org/for/2470600292.html

55gal

http://appleton.craigslist.org/for/2477355362.html

I'd go take a look at the first tank and see if it's in okay condition. :)

If it's not and you absoLUTELY need to upgrade I'd get the hexagon. If you can wait I'd keep up the search. :)

yeah if my parents are ok with me getting a bigger tank in my room, I think I'll call the guy and ask for a picture and dimensions :)

Taller tanks are a pain to reach into, though. :rofl

I have a 55g (what I assume is a tall one, rather than a longer one,) and I can barely reach the bottom if I stand on my tip-toes, and when I kneel on a chair to vacuum the bottom I end up pretty much swimming with my goldies! :lol

here's a pic of the space i have for my tank

DSCN1108.jpg

the current tank is 30in long and the space with the music stand(which i am willing to lose because i can just fold up the music stand and move the stool) is around 20in long so i have about 5ft 10in for a tank. I can't lose any space to the right because thats where my loft is and currently i come pretty close to bumping my fish tank when i come down. so i don't think space will be a problem unless the tank is longer than 50in :)

*sorry about the blurry pic :oops: *

Edited by Alexandra13

thats a perfect spot for a 55 gallon. I think mine is about 46 inches long or so. You can also fit 5 Goldfish in their comfortably and safely. Longer tanks will provide better oxygen for your fish due to all the surface to air space. I got a good deal on mine a few months ago. Brand new came with a filter, hood with 2 lights, and some other little details. I paid under about 185 or so and you can get this price at 2 national stores, that i wont mention in a public forum. I think its against the rules

I think the tank would be just fine there. :) And just so you know in general terms my 90g tank is just about the same size as my 55g. I think I could literally put the 90g on the stand I have for the 55g if it were a couple of inches wider. ;)

Generally mentioning stores here on Koko's is censored (along with swears), but some members find ways to sneek around by slightly altering the names of the stores (not recommended for the swears, this is a family friendly site). ;)

-is not an enabler at ALL-

ok I'm thinking that this tank is just the aqueon standard 65gal tank which is 36" long according to their website

Thanks for the opinions! :)

• Supporter

can you check with your parents if the floor below is strong enough for the 65 gal? my 66 gal is 135 cms long if that helps you with sizing at all.. but i would seriously be asking your parents if the floor can handle the weight.