Sign in to follow this  
linguafranka

My Goldies Love Tomato!

When I put some cucumber int here - nothing. They barely even sniffed. But drop a sliver of tomato in the tank and they both go after it! Pretty cute. Tomatoes aren't bad for goldfish right??

:)

I think tomatoes are fine. I have never tried tomatoes with mine, definitely gotta do that asap :D

I would suggest blanching, peeling and removing the seeds. :) Blanching tomatoes for a few seconds makes the peel slip right off.

Yes! Now I have something to do with those tomatoes from our tomato plant :D Everyone thinks I am odd since I hate veggies but love having tons of the plants around.

I would suggest blanching, peeling and removing the seeds. :) Blanching tomatoes for a few seconds makes the peel slip right off.

True! They ate the pulp off of the skin, so next time I will just remove all peel first, so I dont have to fish it out of the tank later...

I haven't tried tomato (yet! Thanks for the suggestion!) but I leave the peel on cukes, zucchini, and oranges. I hang the slice on the veggie clip, and they eat out the middle up to the peel.

Easy-peasy!