Microscope Slides

Ok,I've received the scope,and I ordered 50 slides also-BUT,they are "Zoology Botany Entomology Prepared M/S Slides". I phoned to tell them what I'll be using them for and they said these are the correct slides.I just opened them and they have all kinds of animal parts and plant parts labeled ON THEM,w/ some colored stain-like things on themwhatjust.gif I take it this is not the right kind for scoping gf? They also are a little thick w/ a circular window thing in the middleblink.gifI was expecting thin slides w/ some plastic coversundecided.gif Anyone?

They just gave you prepared slides, is all. :)

If you want blank ones you'll probably have to order them offline. Some place like e-bay or a scientific shop-thing. Shouldn't be too hard or expensive! Good luck. :heart

As long as you can still use the blank part they should be fine, right? I would call the company to ask though to see if you could get them to send some for free. I think I need to invest in one of these with all the stuff going on in my tank.

Here's a source of slides and coverslips that is nice because you can get small quantities. A box of plain slides and a box of coverslips will last you forever. You can wash and reuse the slides.

Yea you need blank ones. I get mine in the pharmacy. Also - get very thin, plastic, square cover slips. I use those instead of the slide to take the scrape - it is less aggressive on the fish and you have less risk of cutting etc.

Thank you for the replies,ladiesbiggrin.gifShakaho,I went to that site and ordered this kit kit. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it all out and NOT leave it on the shelfyeah.gifThanks againheartpump.gif